Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original Super Mario Land 2 that came bundled with my GB Pocket over nearly 10 years ago. Super Mario Land 2 fails to work on my my GBA (Original Version) and my GBA SP. I can't test it on the GB Pocket because it's trashed. The game fails to boot up (showing a frizzy "GAMEBOY" Logo) sometimes if Im lucky I get to the title screen only for it to crash again during the save select. Similarily the same thing appears to be happening to Legend of Zelda DX, before the final boss in the egg the game crashes, something that never use to happen before. Ive cleaned the catridges and the gameboy's but it makes little difference.

·
Defender of the Light
22 Posts
Strange, I didn't have to clean them at all. I just tried to keep them safe from harm and out of the sunlight. They are stored safely inside a plastic case, the one they came in.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Sounds like dirty connectors, you'll need some special contact cleaner.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Both those games use battery backed saves correct? In addition to what's been said above it could be that the save files have gotten corrupted.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
corrupted Battery data wouldn't cause a corrupt nintendo logo though, thats dirty or worn connectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts