Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need a dreamcast emulator to use nullDC. If I can get my dreamcast I won't be needing the emulator. The only reason I would be downloading this emulator would be to play the games before I can get the emulator.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If I can get my dreamcast I won't be needing the emulator.
Not quite. If you use the emulator, you can do things you wouldn't be able to do with a real Dreamcast:
- run games at higher resolutions than 640x480
- have faster loading times, if the games are stored on the hard drive as images
- use 3D Ripper DX to save 3D models of the rendered scene
- use hacked savegames and cheat through your games like there was no tomorrow
- play in stereoscopic 3D (with the appropriate hardware)

·
Retired Game Modder
38 Posts
Do I need a dreamcast emulator to use nullDC. If I can get my dreamcast I won't be needing the emulator. The only reason I would be downloading this emulator would be to play the games before I can get the emulator.
Damn...are you five years old?

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ehm... sorry I might have been able to rephrase that a little better. I might have been slightly drunk :doh: Nevermind anymore I have my dreamcast now.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I have a feeling Cid will pop up soon...
I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by showing up a bit late :heh:

Anyway, seems this case is closed already, but yes, you need a Dreamcast in order to emulate the system legally. You can't make a backup of the copyrighted BIOS in a legal way otherwise.

Also guys, I know it's tempting, but please try to set an example and tell the new person how things are done, rather than only jumping at him either making fun or bringing him down. Some people with good intentions can still be oblivious to the reason behind everything. Devil Master for instance, makes a good point.

Otherwise: Yes, everyone needs a Dreamcast, you may not realise it yet, but there's a point in everyone's that they needs one. Better get it now, before you know it you're dying and you can't find one anymore. Because yes, non-believers do go to hell :evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts