Next Generation Emulation banner

Do All TV Cards Have the Same Quality?

988 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Viper_Viper 
#1 ·
Hello,
I personally own two PCI PC TV cards, one is Pinnacle PCTV Rave and another is generic brand (that seems to use Panasonic chip). I used to love the idea of hooking consoles up to PC until I see the quality. My question is, do all PC TV cards have the same quality (HDTV cards not considered)?

#2 ·
No PC TV cards vary based on the decoder chip and the quality of other components. Pinnacle is actualy a relatively high quality card.

#5 ·
TVs are better.

#6 ·
stilz said:
Hello,
I personally own two PCI PC TV cards, one is Pinnacle PCTV Rave and another is generic brand (that seems to use Panasonic chip). I used to love the idea of hooking consoles up to PC until I see the quality. My question is, do all PC TV cards have the same quality (HDTV cards not considered)?
There are also some things like a VGA box which will connect your console directly to a computer monitor, without being connected to a pc. Those might be a bit cheaper as well. I don't know of which the quality will be better.

#9 ·
About VGA boxes; the quality of a cheap VGA box is superior to even the best TV card I have tried.

#11 ·
HDTV cards are probably better for the fact that they support HDTV, but no HDTV card I have seen supports component video, so you aren't gonna get any improvement in the image quality of your consoles.

#12 ·
Wait for component HDTV Card that supports PCI express. That will allow it to use that massive bandwith!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.