Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I personally own two PCI PC TV cards, one is Pinnacle PCTV Rave and another is generic brand (that seems to use Panasonic chip). I used to love the idea of hooking consoles up to PC until I see the quality. My question is, do all PC TV cards have the same quality (HDTV cards not considered)?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
No PC TV cards vary based on the decoder chip and the quality of other components. Pinnacle is actualy a relatively high quality card.

·
Perpetual Dualism
451 Posts
I'm happy with my Sapphire 9800 Pro AiW

same specs as an normal 9800 pro and with TVin+out etc

quality is good but not the best you can get I think

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How's the quality compares to regular TVs?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
TVs are better.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
stilz said:
Hello,
I personally own two PCI PC TV cards, one is Pinnacle PCTV Rave and another is generic brand (that seems to use Panasonic chip). I used to love the idea of hooking consoles up to PC until I see the quality. My question is, do all PC TV cards have the same quality (HDTV cards not considered)?
There are also some things like a VGA box which will connect your console directly to a computer monitor, without being connected to a pc. Those might be a bit cheaper as well. I don't know of which the quality will be better.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
VGA box of course... but playing games on your pc while writing post on ngemu is much more funnier ;)

quality of image are dependent on your tv decoder' its bandwitch, your pc specs and also tv/video signal :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
no they are not the same quality i personally use the pvr 250 and the quality is amazing on my 15 in lcd its damd good!

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
About VGA boxes; the quality of a cheap VGA box is superior to even the best TV card I have tried.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do HDTV cards compare to VGA boxes and what would work better on an LCD screen? I'm considering getting something to play my consoles on my PC screen but only if it looks better then a composite connection to the tv and doesn't cost too much.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
HDTV cards are probably better for the fact that they support HDTV, but no HDTV card I have seen supports component video, so you aren't gonna get any improvement in the image quality of your consoles.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Wait for component HDTV Card that supports PCI express. That will allow it to use that massive bandwith!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts