Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
new member 2007 and member 2007 are the same, with only an unnecessary exclusion condition. in case anyone forgot or anything.
Well, the exclusive condition is what makes New member of the year worth it. It all stems back from the necessity of treating our new members well, and give them incentives them to be more and more regular. Formers candidates *ARE* excluded from new member of the year since they are now regular and have decent chance at being a member of the year. Think of it as the ¨newbie of the year" award in many sport and art events.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
By now I think it would be fair to say that we should be separating sig and avatar into a single separated category from artist of the year.

I don't think there's much to do now till the nominations. I'd like to wait for the bin award committee, so a report status on your part would be welcomed :)

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
dont be expecting anything from the bin refugees. trusted people's suggestions or definite list would be much more useful. apart from having niminated threads for crazy thread 2007, unofficial bin award doesnt need to take place at the same time as official one (separate event after all. minor, even)

By now I think it would be fair to say that we should be separating sig and avatar into a single separated category from artist of the year.
couldve been settled a few weeks ago ;)

For the current categories listed, defining what describes the category (hence what qualifies for it) would remove ambiguity about what theyre about. ill elaborate later on the idea later.

quick unelaborated-on example: for sigs and avatars for example, as long as they were *used* or added this year, theyre in, and while more than one sig can for a specific member can be nominated (for members who used more than one sig/avatar this year), final the final list for nominees cant feature the same member twice for their av/sigs (hey, cant risk having people sitting in both second and third place ;) )

is considered a sig the whole content of the signature area, including displayed pic and text in there. sigs constituted of pics only or text only are accepted. non-notable content in sigs (like hardware info and links to blogs and similar sites of interest) is not considered a part of them for the sake of awards, but doesn't discard the other merits of the sig (if any ;) )
Sigs/avies can be either hosted on ngemu or elsewhere, doesnt change a thing in award.
Pics or text used for sigs and avies doesnt have to be original creations.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
couldve been settled a few weeks ago
I'm a rational person after all. I was presented with a good point of why having them together was not a good option, and I was eager to concede. Otherwise I don't see why I should have done otherwise earlier. :)

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
the bin: great idea or greatest idea? :D

there has been a huge flaw with the sig and avatar categories in the previous years, and that is people have to rely on their memory. My idea was to first select which people are nominated, then ask them for the avatar/sig they want to compete with. That way, we can post in the thread the avatars people can vote for

As for sig, I think the image should only count....

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
there has been a huge flaw with the sig and avatar categories in the previous years, and that is people have to rely on their memory. My idea was to first select which people are nominated, then ask them for the avatar/sig they want to compete with. That way, we can post in the thread the avatars people can vote for
Hmm... in the two years I have participated in we have opted for using a gallery containing a contestant avatar and sig's... normally that has done the trick. I guess one will be necessary for the artist process.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hmm.... well normally only images have been nominated, though I see your point. We could take a wait and see approach, most possibly only the images will get nominated anyway.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
-Member of the year
-Staff of the year
-Board of the year
-New member of the year
-Thread of the year
- Coder of the year
- Emu innovation of the year
-New emulator of the year
-Most helpful member of the year
-Crazy threads of the year
- Artist of the year
New categories:
Sig/Avatar of the year

on trial:
post of the year (depending on number of nominations)

I think it would be wise to open the nominations now so that people have a little more than a week before the actual awards start to nominate enough people. Do we agree on this?

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Could someone reply? I would really want to open the nominations today or tomorrow at latest, so that we can start the proper awards in December.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hmm.... ok it seems I need to add some pressure to this. Unless I receive some counter feedback in the next 12 hours, I will be opening the nominations tomorrow morning, central time.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
btw, member of year and most helpful member of year are dupes, from all angles.
x2 (more importantly, helpful member)

anyways, don't think as if I'll get pissed if you don't make the "deadline"....I know full well that **** turns sour when things are rushed. I don't really mind if you decide to allow voting next year ;)

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I have always viewed helpful member as in most helpful member emulation-tech help related. Didn-t we already discussed this back on the other thread
? :p

Anyway, I agree that Desktop of the year might account for its own award, considering TCOS argument in the feedback thread,

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
I agree on the categories, and I do think 'post of the year' should be there XD.
Desktop of the year might be a nice award :p, consider Mire and other ppl!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I'm gonna assume that Proto is the leader of this group....

anyways, when you are ready, PM me and I'll create a global announcement and unlock the actual award forums for posting ;)

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Nah I'm just the most paranoid about the schedule :heh:

Anyway, before that I'll create a nomination thread. If you could, would you be so amiable as to move this thread to the forum announcements board. After that we can talk about how to promote people to go to that thread (be it through a global announcementt or through forum news).

It's this thread

http://forums.ngemu.com/ngemu-award...wards-2007-nomination-thread.html#post1229658

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you Beta. Could we consider the possibility of a forum global announcement, or even a small space in the main page regarding this?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts