Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'd read that if you just use a Wild Pokemon Modifier code to catch Mew, he would never obey.

So I found a way around it. I inserted Mew straight into the PC Box1 Slot1, as is suggested in one of the Action Replay code guides. My haxxed Mew worked perfectly fine this afternoon. The inserted one was level 5, and I raised it to level 10 before I started working on some of my other pokemon. For perspective, I've just beaten Brock and I'm on my way thru the cave to Cerulean City.

My Mew is now level 11 and knows Transform. I got into a battle with a Rocket Grunt in the cave, and transformed into his l33thaxxed Hyper-Fang-using Rattata. Well, I go to use Hyper Fang and...Mew disobeyed! He used Tail Whip instead!

It's been a very long time since I've played these games. Do I really have to have Misty's badge for a lv11 pokemon to obey me? Technically, Mew is registered as a traded pokemon from OTC "NYC" and he gets boosted exp just like a traded pokemon.

Anybody know what's going on here? I'll feel stupid if I just need the CASCADEBADGE, but I'll keep progressing and see if having it helps.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
As far as I remember the stronger pokemon like legendaries and the unique ones don't comply to the same level rule as the regular ones and are much quicker to disobey so yes you most likely need more badges.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I feel ridiculous...I wasn't aware that having one badge only entitled the trainer to fully control pokemon up to level 10 received in trades...the second badge enables full control up to lvl 30. And, of course, it took me about 7 tries to defeat Misty -_-

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Ok, so I'd read that if you just use a Wild Pokemon Modifier code to catch Mew, he would never obey.

So I found a way around it. I inserted Mew straight into the PC Box1 Slot1, as is suggested in one of the Action Replay code guides. My haxxed Mew worked perfectly fine this afternoon. The inserted one was level 5, and I raised it to level 10 before I started working on some of my other pokemon. For perspective, I've just beaten Brock and I'm on my way thru the cave to Cerulean City.

My Mew is now level 11 and knows Transform. I got into a battle with a Rocket Grunt in the cave, and transformed into his l33thaxxed Hyper-Fang-using Rattata. Well, I go to use Hyper Fang and...Mew disobeyed! He used Tail Whip instead!

It's been a very long time since I've played these games. Do I really have to have Misty's badge for a lv11 pokemon to obey me? Technically, Mew is registered as a traded pokemon from OTC "NYC" and he gets boosted exp just like a traded pokemon.

Anybody know what's going on here? I'll feel stupid if I just need the CASCADEBADGE, but I'll keep progressing and see if having it helps.
Or use a Pokemon AR generator to have the obedience bit always set. :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its got nothing to do with the obedience, Mew CANNOT BE CAUGHT.

the same goes for Diamond - Platinum and that includes Dioxys as well.

you must inject them into the Storage box using an AR code instead.

OP, yes you require the badge, as mew was not caught by you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.