Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fantastic job on PCSX2 0.8.1. Aside from the already known issue with sound, there is one particular place I found in playing where the whole window will freeze to the point where the game stops and you can't even adjust the window anymore. Pretty much the only way to exit the window is to close it from the task bar. When I select the calamity woods, the game will freeze halfway through the loading screen. So far this is the only major problem I’ve experienced with this game.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - U - SLUS 20666

My Specs:

WinXP SP1
512 Ram
ATI Mobility 9600 128MB
P4 3.0ghz HT

I'm using all the default plugins and settings that game with v0.8.1

here is a save state of the exact spot for anyone who cares, slot 2.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/icetemple/Disgaea_State_2.zip

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Would you mind posting a memcard save instead of the save state?

The savestate won't read from the disc, proberbly due to the dump not having all the required information. I have the same version as you [SLUS 20666] and have played through the game once already whilst testing in earlier betas of 0.8 - 0.8.1.

Anyhow the memcard save would allow for proper debugging as I can't physically reach the crash point at the moment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CKemu said:
Would you mind posting a memcard save instead of the save state?

The savestate won't read from the disc, proberbly due to the dump not having all the required information. I have the same version as you [SLUS 20666] and have played through the game once already whilst testing in earlier betas of 0.8 - 0.8.1.

Anyhow the memcard save would allow for proper debugging as I can't physically reach the crash point at the moment.
ok, here it is

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Well, I took your save, and no bug, loaded the next section of the game just fine. Tried with VUrec, EErec, INT and with GSsoft / GSdx and various other combinations, no bug.

My only thought on the issue, is to boot the game normally, and instead of loading up from a save state, load from the memcard as you would on a real PS2, and try from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CKemu said:
Well, I took your save, and no bug, loaded the next section of the game just fine. Tried with VUrec, EErec, INT and with GSsoft / GSdx and various other combinations, no bug.

My only thought on the issue, is to boot the game normally, and instead of loading up from a save state, load from the memcard as you would on a real PS2, and try from there.
thanks that did the trick.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Kinda cool.. we're seeing threads about fully playable games with minor issues easily fixed.. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts