Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ok first of all, Hello Emuforums I am new here xD

Well I buyed a Game named Disgaea a week ago per Internet and today it arrived at my Home. Of course I wanted to play the game and oh shock my Playstation can't read the Disc! There are no Scratches on the surface of the disc and the DVD is PAL, like all of my Games. So I thought I'm gonna make an ISO File and use a Emulator >.< [end of story]

Ok here's my Problem:
I can start the Game and can play it (ok without sound but I guess noone got sound with disgaea) but when a Textbox appears then there isn't any Text inside xD

I need help :>
btw. the game is somehow a little bit slow... I need help there too xD

My Settings are:
GSdx9 0.8 - with Direct 3d Renderer on (when it is off then I can't play the Game) Pixel Shader 2.0 and Linear Texture Filtering is ticked.

SPU2null Driver 0.4 (Peops causes a crash)

Linuzappz ISO DVD Driver 0.5

PADwinKeyb Driver 0.9
Dev9 null driver 0.3 o_O
USBnullDriver 0.4
FWnullDriver 0.4
I have bla Bios blabla Bios and blablabla Bios :D I've tried everything xD

Thx for your Help :D

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Did you think that maybe you ordered the wrong pal version? There are different pal regions after all (I'm not sure if they're cross compatible, probably not).

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is some joke right?!! :p

Firstly, I believe that game's a PS2 game and I don't see why you would've tried using a PlayStation to play it. Secondly, PCSX2 is far away from being complete and those problems seem perfectly normal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK...

King-of-Pansen: what CPU settings did you choose? and a SPU2 Null plugin means you get nothing.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Ok first,dont expect great speeds,you should get around 30-40fps max(depending on your system).Recommend to use rec+vu recs for max speed.
Now for the text problem,if i recall correctly it is a game region issue,meaning its ok in NTSC versions and not working in PAL...if thats not the case,try changing pixel shaders in GSdx9 to see if some of them fixes it.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
the no text problem is a gsdx9 problem, gabest has fixed this in newer versions, but you will have to learn how to compile his CVS to use that ;p

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
mithaldu said:
(until the next version, which is scheduled to be out soon(TM) ;))
we will decide that one thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Firstly, I believe that game's a PS2 game and I don't see why you would've tried using a PlayStation to play it.
hehe I tried to play it of course on my Playstation 2 xD.
I've got always around 66% fps
Recommend to use rec+vu recs for max speed.
What do you mean? What is rec+vu X_x
pal broken, ntsc works
Ok but I have the PAL Version, it is possible to make an NTSC Version out of the PAL Version? o_o
Well the I tried all the Pixel Shader Options but none of them will get the Text working.
Thx for your Help... but I need more until my game works xD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mh damn the Problem is that my PS2 cannot play that Game and I have no clue why... :(
I can play every Game except this one -___- but thats not your Problem :p
I hope PCSX2 0.9 will be out soon xD thx for all of your help :D *cry* :p

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Actually I once saw a guide where is possible to change the region of the game. But didn't try it..
And King-of-Pansen next time be more carefull with what you say.
I have EU 1.6 Bios EU 2.0 Bios and US 1.6Bios I've tried everything xD
That means that you have all three ps2's and that none of them works with your game. :p

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
King-of-Pansen said:
mh damn the Problem is that my PS2 cannot play that Game and I have no clue why... :(
I can play every Game except this one -___- but thats not your Problem :p
I hope PCSX2 0.9 will be out soon xD thx for all of your help :D *cry* :p
Youre welcome ;)
Well there are ways to make the ps2/emulator think it is a NTSC game but this bug happens most probably because of a change in code from the PAL to the NTSC version(there are slight differences in some cases) so it wouldnt help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.