Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I just recently got PCSX2 working today. My specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 Beta 32-bit
512MB GeForce 8400 (w/ pixel shader 3.0)
3gb DDR2 RAM
Intel Pentium D 2.8ghz (dualcore)

I'm updating to a GTS250 very soon because it's on sale for relatively cheap and I want a reasonable update.

So, I'm having several problems. With several speedhacks, I'm running at a pretty consistent 60fps. Speed is no issue. However, whether or not the speedhacks are enabled, I'm having many issues with graphical display.

Everything boots fine, no problem, so I start a new game. There's a bit of shaking, also prevalent when I first got to the main menu screen, so (using GSdx, SSE2 as per my specs) I enable Blend bff to get rid of it. The shaking stops, but I quickly notice that the background appears to be completely black and I can only see the textbox and according character(s) as well as a few sprites on screen. To clarify, there's absolutely no text (though I'm still able to scroll through everything) and there are no icons, anywhere.

My guess is that some layers got shifted around, but I'm really not sure. I'm thinking that it has be an error with my graphics settings, which are as follows:

GSdx SSE2
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware) <-- I have DX10 support. 9 doesn't work either anyway.
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0 (grey)
Interlacing: Blend bff
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
D3D: Native
NLOOP hack (on)
Texture filtering (on)
Wait vsync (off)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - this doesn't seem to be a common error, especially as most people seem to be saying that the Disgaeas are particularly easy to get running.

EDIT: It may be worth mentioning that this particular ISO has been used by other people with success - and don't worry, I own a copy, but it's a bit scratched up and has a lot of issues reading.
I haven't tried other games yet.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
EDIT: It may be worth mentioning that this particular ISO has been used by other people with success - and don't worry, I own a copy, but it's a bit scratched up and has a lot of issues reading.
I haven't tried other games yet.
Really? You don't say. That certainly is interesting. :rolleyes:

Is it really so difficult to buy a used copy for like $5 and rip a proper copy for yourself? At least try ripping your current copy. Who knows, it might rip just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as I said, I just started getting this together today primarily to play this game that I haven't been able to play in so long. I'll probably end up buying a used copy, but I would like to figure out why exactly I'm having these particular issues.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
because you're a warez junky who are using someone elses copy and god doesn't like warez junkies.

seriously unless you use your own rip from your own copy you won't get any help here.

Owning a copy is not valid and legal excuse for downloading ISO's. The law just see's that you downloaded it and won't care if you already own it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
...There's clearly an issue with my setup. I'm not a warez junkie and I really resent you trying to call me out - I seldom download anything at all. I'm not even discussing downloading warez, nor did I mention where I got the ISO. However, I'm having issues running several other physical games from my disc drive, including a legitimate (read: actual bought-and-payed-for CD) copy of the first Disgaea which is having similar issues. What you've obviously overlooked is that I don't have money, not even for a used game. Second, used copies aren't as readily available to try out like an already-ripped ISO and if there are, by chance, issues, I don't want to deal with this again - if I can't even get a proper copy of Disgaea 1 working (I tried both running it and ripping it, and it works fine on my PS2), why would I waste my time and money on another copy of Disgaea 2? All I'd like to do is be able to rip and run my games. Simple, and rather than help me solve my issues, you're both just being pretentious and self-righteous. Thanks for the cheery ethical discussion, though.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
What CD plugin are you using?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.