Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welp, I should stop spamming other threads with information about Disgaea, so... here's a thread for Disgaea alone. ;p

For me, it's a place where I can discard my battle log and brag about my characters. :evil:

Nah... just kidding.

Also Densetsu wanted to ask some Disgaea 2 tips, so I thought maybe I should create a different thread for that, too. :)

So... continuing with tips for Disgaea 2, I guess I have this: always go into the item world of an item that you might use and skip all levels, along the way beat up all monsters that have "CHECK" on themselves at the start of a stage, and then when you reach level 10, kill everything in sight. Leave none alive. Then when it asks if you want to get out, say yes. Do that again and again and again when the main quests bore you. Note that you will encounter mysterious rooms with all sorta shops and stuffs, as well as pirates, so it's not just a boring randomized dungeon. Also... ALWAYS check the Bonus list and the character list. If there is a legendary on them, think of a way to grab the legendary item, because those are rarer, have higher stats ultimately, and will always end up being more useful one way or another. Plus they sell for significantly higher than other stuffs.

If it's a strong enemy, and he or she or it has a weapon equipment or armor equipment, consider stealing. To steal, use hand items right next to the one you want to steal. The higher your level, the higher your chances are at stealing. Hand items can be bought in shops. After you've stolen that weapon or equipment, your opponent's stats will go down a tad bit, and if you equip his or her equipment, you yourself might grow stronger as well, so this is very useful.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Hello Runaway Pirsoner do u have any ideas to motivate me i seem get very bore and tired with the turn based element in this game i cant keep up with it more than 1 hour?
Plz tell me your secret why this game is fun???

1,834 Posts
same here, i still prefer playing fft

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
I also have the Japanophile thing but still this want is way too boring for me.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Runaway Pirsoner do u have any ideas to motivate me i seem get very bore and tired with the turn based element in this game i cant keep up with it more than 1 hour?
Plz tell me your secret why this game is fun???
same here, i still prefer playing fft
Mmm... I prefer this to FFT because:

1) Geo Panels, solving puzzles instead of battling if you want. There are stages you can beat entirely with just solving Geo Panels.

2) Throwing: you can position your character anywhere by throwing, also throwing enemies is a good tactic as well. Saves you sometimes.

3) Your entire team can participate mid-battle, at any time, even if there is a cap to how many can appear all at once.

4) Characters benefit from each other.

5) Fully customize your items to be how you want them to be.

6) Infinitely level up your characters, and strengthening them by means other than items.

7) Not frustratingly hard once you catch the drift of it. At least you don't have to do 10 missions to gain 1 level or so.

8) A game where you can steal from ANYONE, even bosses. And bosses don't have exclusive stuffs anymore. You can just snatch the stuffs from them.

9) Bosses are no longer exclusively strong, or annoying. You can beat them through sheer efforts. No need to push yourself to level up your characters all to 100 then try your luck at beating the ultimate boss. You just gotta level up, power up, then go in and pwn the boss in one or two hits. This is all possible without cheating, and it feels like you actually spent some useful time. I don't need to remind you how annoying Omega Weapon in FF8 was... do I?

9) Replayability: 8 different endings. The DS and PSP versions even add in a different story for you. Not much has changed, maybe, but two more endings, and that adds up to a total of 10 endings for you to get.

10) Quite an abundant amount of secret and extra bosses, and even better is that in the DS version, you can recruit them after you beat them.

11) Hmm... probably you didn't know this: you can try to capture just about any enemy, except for bosses. Just pick them up and throw them into your base panel. The remaining characters in the base panel will "deal" with the enemy, and if successful, you will be able to capture that enemy. Pokemon much?

12) You can beat stronger opponents by outwitting them in Geo Puzzles, or utilizing your abilities to change Geo Panels and/or throwing opponents/allies around.

In other words, this game, when you know how it operates, is like a big chess game. Even though you are the strongest person in the game, not like you can survive even for one turn of the battle if you don't "think". I like that approach, because when I was playing FFT, and FFTA, and then FFTA2, when you have leveled up your characters to a certain level, it's just a one-side massacre, and not like you had a chance to go up against any opponent that is 10x stronger than you are.

In Disgaea, you face opponents 1000x stronger than you, in packs of 12-20. And fact is you can BEAT them if you train enough, and smartly. There's no secret rule, there's no secret code, there's no secret routine, or item, or action that you have to do. Everything is just there. It's up to you to figure out how to utilize them to master the game. In most other TBS games, I just have one thing in mind: to level up and train like crazy. Disgaea was the first ever TBS game to make me think, to make me aware of my surroundings in the map even when my characters are at top levels, and to make me feel like my play time paid off nicely. Plus you don't have to deal with annoyingly lengthy battles if you don't want to. How? Use your brain. Experiment with new stuffs. If you just follow normal TBS rules, you don't know 10% of Disgaea.

And leveling up in Disgaea isn't boring at all if you know how. Heck... I gain about 12,000 levels in total in an hour. Battles used to take 15 minutes each, but now they take 1 to 2 minutes at most. Heck... final boss took 30 seconds to beat, and I'm still trying to get the ultimate items, level up more, and do more, to beat the strongest boss in the game.

This game just has this... never-ending feel to it, and that's something I like. I don't like it when a good game ends.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Do I get points for guessing who started this thread before seeing it?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Do I get points for guessing who started this thread before seeing it?
+ Super Bonus points. :) (Sorry, typing it out means you'll have to guess how much it is, too)

Edit: Here, I guess your points is the square of this:

Note: that was a healing spell... at its ultimacy.

Note 2: PS3 doesn't have cheats... so that's legit, pretty much.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's coming towards the era where RPG games with damage over 100 billions (12 digits) pwn. :p I think I've seen an 18-digit one somewhere on youtube... but I'm not so sure.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
So You tell me your character has 100 Billions HP???????????????
That's insane RPG.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So You tell me your character has 100 Billions HP???????????????
That's insane RPG.
World record damage seems to be 100 billions. In my opinions... if it reaches the hundred billions points, there's a chance you can have 999,999,999,999HP for your character, and maybe that much ATK points since there is a way to do 100 billions damage. :p I've only gone up to about 1 billion damage now. Those guys who have gone way further ahead probably can do much, much more. All without cheating, of course.

And Phil, you can't find those things in drawers, but there are characters in Disgaea that wear something like swimsuits. :lol:

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, they aren't? Most of them are demons and/or angels over 1000 years of age. Theoretically... they are like as old as your ancestors, some are older. The only people that might be "underage" in the game are human beings, but they are in their mid or early 30s mostly.

Seems like the game is alluding to the fact that since their life span is friggin' long, and they have really insane powers, they might be able to change their forms, and staying in child-like, underage forms might throw their opponents off guard. It's been stated over and over that the main character is about 1300 years old or so.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll just run away again, you know. :p Going into jail really increases your level. Heck... in Disgaea 2, it's actually better to get a felony. Get as many as possible because it... increases your respects, and you get to unlock a few things.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I'll just run away again, you know. :p Going into jail really increases your level. Heck... in Disgaea 2, it's actually better to get a felony. Get as many as possible because it... increases your respects, and you get to unlock a few things.
Rap I will not, i repeat NOT, get through San Fran's finest just to bust your sorry @$$ out of prison. You're on your own this time buddy

1 - 20 of 45 Posts