Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried these PSX games and could not get them to work with ePSXe 1.5.2 or 1.7.0:

Discworld 1
MDK
Theme Hospital (loads intro but freezes afterwards)

Anyone experienced this too? Do we need patches (though I couldn't find any).

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you playing from the discs or from images of them? if you are doing the latter what format did you make them in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are disc images, in CloneCD (very old) format.

I was using MagicDisc virtual CD drive and that didn't work (or was too slow to load). So I used Daemon Tools and Discworld & MDK was working.

Theme Hospital throws an error saying can't access subchannel data. I'll probably try and rip it again.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Theme hospital is better played using the W95 version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, but since multiplayer is based off IPX and IPX is so so slow over high-ping internet connections (ie. Hamachi VPN)... or DOSBox it's totally unplayable. Scrolling the screen is like a slow slide-show. All IPX games are very slow over VPN or DOSBox (except Blood which handles quite well).

So I was hoping emulated Theme Hospital over PSX might be nice... but sadly PSX doesn't do it.... :( - gonna see if Syndicate Wars does it on PSX...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i said Theme Hospital W95, it was rereleased for Windows in a 32bit form.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.