Next Generation Emulation banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
GreyKnightJusticar
76 Posts
Dragon Warrior 7 ntsc? Let me test the image I have later - I know it worked last time.

-Yes NTSC USA

Only FF8. FF9, Fear1, Fear2, D needs specialized cdrom plugins (iso will load them just fine).
-So FF9 can be played with epsxe shark via RUN ISO? Or need special plugin?

edit:
Pulling pre-built image right now. Will try soon.

edit2:
Instead of "Please insert disc 2" it says "Please wait."

Did you run patch\cd2dvd.bat? Let me check the kit again

edit3:
Thanks for looking into this also. *whew*
I've managed it to work, but had to change something and there was some magic that happened lol, well here's what happened:

followed the instructions til the patching part, but I was getting the missing file error from the cd2dvd.bat "missing slusp012.06 file"

So I've checked and found out that Cd1 folder didn't contain the file and it was in Cd2 folder!! *facepalm* I've mistakenly rename the bin images!

So I tried messing about with the cd2dvd.bat

originally:
Code:
SET FILE_1=SLUSP012.06

move "..\cd1\%FILE_1%" ".\"
cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-cdrom.txt %FILE_1%
cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-swap.txt %FILE_1%
move "%FILE_1%" "..\cd1"
Change to:

Code:
SET FILE_1=SLUSP012.06

move "..\cd2\%FILE_1%" ".\"
cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-cdrom.txt %FILE_1%
cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-swap.txt %FILE_1%
move "%FILE_1%" "..\cd1"
Then poof the patch worked, and built the bin/image, I got the same size as the read me and ran it via epsxeshark. File > Run ISO. It loaded disc one so far, then I've opened the memory card which contained disc 2 save file, then it said "Please wait..." and viola it loaded the game on disc 2..

Now I don't know what happened or how I manage to fix it, Twas 4am +8GMT at that time lol. Now I've deleted the created file and is trying to re-create the process LOL...

*sorry for the wall of text*

Psy~~

EDIT: I MAJORLY FAIL at reading the instructions LMAO.... *face palm* sorry IT was 4am when I was doing this, now I got IT! LOL..
After patching move cd2 contents to merge folder first THEN cd1 lol...

Sorry for my epic fail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this great thread and apps :thumb:

I could sucessfully combine my MGS and Driver 2, but I still have a problem, it seems that the command line for running the ePSXe_dvd5 + ISO file has changed from the original ePSXe.

When I use the same command line in my .bat file that works with ePSXe in ePSXe_DVD5 it fails and prompt a windows saying it could not locate upx.exe

My .bat file for ePSXe 1.7 is like this now:

"C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ePSXe.exe" -nogui -noauto -bios "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\bios\SCPH-1001.bin" -slowboot -loadbin "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ISOS\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426]\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426].bin"

pause

How it should be to work with ePSXe_dvd5?? I know I should point the path to the new executable but it doesnt load the upx.exe :???:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your help squallz :thumb:

I've tried this:

cd /"C:\ePSXe.1.7.0" "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ePSXe_dvd5.exe" -nogui -noauto -bios "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\bios\SCPH-1001.bin" -slowboot -loadbin "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ISOS\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426]\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426].bin"

pause

but it didnt work, it says that something is write wrong or something else, the upx.exe is in the same folder as ePSXe_dvd5.exe :hdbash:

I don't know nothing about command lines programing and stuff, this .bat file I'm using is a copy from another topic from here, but I need to make this work 'cause I'm going to use the emulator in a front end. :(

Could you please give me an example of how it should look like the new .bat file with your suggestion? 'cause probally it didnt work 'cause I dont know how to add de command

·
Registered
22 Posts
It should look like this:

Code:
cd /d "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0"

ePSXe_dvd5.exe -nogui -noauto -bios "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\bios\SCPH-1001.bin" -slowboot -loadbin "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ISOS\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426]\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426].bin"

pause
If it doesn't work, please copy the whole error message so we can help you better. (Press Control+C at the error message dialog and then paste it here.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rather than unfairly have everyone wait for Chrono Cross to be cleaned,
Download cross_chronomergekit_v1a.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Untested idea that replaces splitoff.exe with a custom-fit solution
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

FILE *in, *out;

unsigned char buf[0x13000];

int main()
{
	in = fopen( "cc1.iso", "rb" );
	out = fopen( "disc1hed.dat", "wb" );

fread( buf, 1, 77824, in );
	fwrite( buf, 1, 77824, out );

fclose(in);
	fclose(out);

return 0;
}
If it works, please report the old file to the forum's mod team and tell them about the DDOS trojan. And ask to replace it with this kit (clean).
By chance, would anyone happen to have a backup of Shalma's "revised" Chrono Cross kit? The link's expired, and with Shalma listed as a "discontinued" user on these forums, I don't think I can very well approach them about it. :(

Or was it ONLY the splitoff.exe which was infected before, in which case you could just compile Shalma's code there into a complete executable file? I am not at all versed in programming and, thus, can't tell based off the code alone (wouldn't know how to compile it even if I did, unfortunately).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem with Policenauts kit : the final iso is unusable (well, at least with the english translated game)

The iso rebuilding process messes with LBAs and doesn't include 2 files that are created during the merging process : SYSTEM1.CNF and SYSTEM2.CNF.

I rebuilt a proper iso with UltraIso and by selecting the "PSX CD" data type.

Works like a charm under epsxe 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 although some videos have very few tiny non-persistent glitches (nearly unnoticeable). I don't know if it's a video plugin problem or if the original japanese game already had them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some multi-disc games can be merged into 1 bin/cue file for emulators

PSP: There's now reports that some kits have problems with PSX2PSP (ex. FFVII)
PSP: Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve 1 are guaranteed to work on PSP

NTSC-U collection
Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare
Brain Dead 13
Chrono Cross (*** POSSIBLE VIRUS WARNING ***)
Colony Wars
Countdown Vampires
D
Dragon Warrior VII
Driver 2
Fear Effect
Fear Effect 2
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
G-Police
Galerians
Grandia
Heart of Darkness
In Cold Blood
Koudelka
Legend of Dragoon
Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete
Metal Gear Solid
Novastorm
Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Shadow Madness
Star Ocean - The Second Story
Star Wars - Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire
Syphon Filter 2
Tales of Destiny II
Thousand Arms
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms 2
Xenogears

NTSC-J collection
Brain Dead 13
Colony Wars
Creature Shock
Dragon Quest VII
Parasite Eve
Policenauts
Star Ocean - The Second Story
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms - 2nd Ignition
Xenogears

PAL-E (S/G/I/F/..) collection
Colony Wars
Driver 2 - Back On the Streets
Heart of Darkness
In Cold Blood
Novastorm
Star Wars - Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire

ePSXe_DVD5:
Latest build (v5)

Master files list:
Attachments - Emuforums.com

WARNING:
Suggested not to re-rip your CD image using CloneCD / Alcohol from a virtual drive to create a 'bin' or 'img'.

MagicISO / ISOBuster supposedly works to convert img, iso, mdf, bwt to 'bin' or 'iso'.

Games bought from the Sony PSN store are DRM-encrypted and cannot work with these kits unless you decrypt them and convert the PSP eboot. No support will be given in this thread.

PROBLEMS:
Try looking at this post [URL="http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/118402-disc-combining-kits-5.html#post1735866]HERE[/url] which will let us examine your files.

OPTIONAL:
If you want to verify that your PS1 discs are accurate before merging..

Method 1:
Redump disc repair guide

Method 2:
1) Download the latest beta of CDMage (freeware) @ CDmage - CD image handling tool
2) Run CDMage
3) File -> Open (cue, ccd, bin, img, ..)
4) Action -> Scan for Corruption -> OK

0 errors = :)
1+ errors = :*( - bad opcode, glitchy movie, or you may never notice the problem in-game

Then visit here if you want to verify your discs:
redump.org PSX discs

181 - 200 of 206 Posts