Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to have an issue with Metal Gear Solid when changing discs. I am using ePSXe 1.6.0 and I'm switching from my actual disc of disc 1 to an ISO of disc 2. When I back out of the game VIA esc key, the sound is gone when I go back in and the game causes issues (such as I'll fall off the edge of something and I can't die, or the Codec won't work properly and freeze up). Any help on this topic is appriciated.

PS Don't flame me for using an old version or for my method of switching, it's my life and I didn't ask for your opinion on how I run it.

Thanks in advance.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
switching from iso to disk or vice versa is not likely to work properly, you might have better luck to create a disk with the iso or run both from iso.

even more likely is that the iso is the problem, PSX disks use a non standard disk format and as such the ISO format misses out on certain parts of the disk, like the subchannel and audio tracks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.