Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get into creating psf files. The documentation I have found seems to explain the process well enough. But I still haven't found a good disassembly tool.
For those of you with experience disassembling/ looking at machine code/ etc, what is a good disassembly tool (preferably free for download)?

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
What's a psf file?

I THINK OllyDebug is free... that is, if that's what you need. All the others come at a price, like Hiew, Win32Dasm, IDA Pro, SoftICE... etc...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Kraelis said:
What's a psf file?
I believe he refers to "Playstation Sound Format", a kind of media file wich contains the psx game's music that is directly embedded in the game's code.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Final Fantasy 8 I remember ticked me off when i realized the audio was on a totally different file than the movie. If your rip FF8's movies you get no audio, at least in the past it was like that, havent done it in awhile.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I-Chan said:
I believe he refers to "Playstation Sound Format", a kind of media file wich contains the psx game's music that is directly embedded in the game's code.
The Playstation Sound Format isn't really just a sound format. It also contains all of the code needed to play the sound aswell (RISC instruction set).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.