Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of building a PC-based arcade machine, and I've come across a pretty big hiccup..

A quick explanation of the arcade setup to help understand the issue: The arcade buttons are all mapped to keyboard keys via a chip called IPAC, and the person who developed the chip also sells console adapters so the chip can connect to consoles as well. The problem with this is for the adapters to work, you have to use his default keyboard codeset.

Long story short: I need the Alt key to be the Square button.

I thought this might be ok while in fullscreen, but unfortunately even when in that mode, when Alt is pressed it shows that annoying menu that I haven't used since Windows 3.1

Is there any way to have the alt menu functionality disabled while in fullscreen?

I thought I might have this problem with other emulators as well(SNESGT, Nestopia, Fusion), but they seem to have been able to program the ALT key functionality away.

I'm at a bit of a loss, as I had actually spent a VERY LONG TIME configuring each of my 40 games in the PS section to the specific settings for them to look, sound, and play their best using ePSXeCutor.. It's ironic that the adapters I bought to give the system PS2/PS3 compatibility would totally cripple my PS1 setup.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
I'm not getting that problem. I use the OpenGL2 video plugin and I don't use ePSXeCutor.

Using the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU, ALT seems to pause the game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.