Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just noticed that the dx plugin sufferes the same projection problems as OGL. will the dx plugin have the projection hacks that ogl have? i think having the projection hacks will make all of the wii games work like it does on the ogl ^^ i get 20fps more in smg!! :D g00d job!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
nobody cares about the directx plugin to fix any of the issues >.>

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Thats because ATI requires a texture hack (reverse the texture format) to support full speed.

case GR_TEXFMT_ARGB_1555:
if (ati_sucks > 0) return -1; // ATI sucks as usual (fixes slowdown on ATI)
factor = 2;
*gltexfmt = GL_RGB5_A1;
*glpixfmt = GL_BGRA;
*glpackfmt = GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT_1_5_5_5_REV;
break;

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
seriously, why do you hate ati so much?

...thats directly out of one of the Glide64 sources.

but i have my reasons for ATI hate. being poor at opengl is one of them, since my favourite games run best in opengl.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oooorrrr.... better yet i should be asking him why does he post useless s*** in threads?what he said couldnt make dolphin better. it just seems like he wants to get flamed by everyone.[including me] now i'm not sure if dolphin team knows that dx has projection issues or not. im just saying incase they dont know. which doesnt hurt. [also on my nvidia card i get faster frames]

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
buugtdbt,

**** off. dolphin has its own board.

or wait, did you get your lamer ass banned from there?

none of the Devs give a **** about the directx plugin currently, the fixes are centered around the opengl plugin which Ector prefers to use.

ATI can run opengl at perfect speed, it just needs a texture hack to do it.

btw,
its more then projection issues. but you wouldn't know that since you ain't got a clue towards emulation/d3d coding.

so stop posting like you do.

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
buugtdbt,

**** off. dolphin has its own board.

or wait, did you get your lamer ass banned from there?

none of the Devs give a **** about the directx plugin currently, the fixes are centered around the opengl plugin which Ector prefers to use.

ATI can run opengl at perfect speed, it just needs a texture hack to do it.

btw,
its more then projection issues. but you wouldn't know that since you ain't got a clue towards emulation/d3d coding.

so stop posting like you do.
What a wrong-ass post, Dolphin now has Rice and he tries to fix Direct3D plugin, so with latest revisions it looks better and better, now it looks almost like OpenGL one. Better check sources before posting, Squall.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
~yawn~ you finished now? ya i do know dolphin has its own board, its just my posts are to sexy~ for you to see ^_~.

Although ector prefers ogl it could not hurt to get dx up to parr with ogl. I know there are some games that will naturally run faster on dx then ogl. Not to mention that there might be some games that dont work on ogl at all but might work on dx.

by the way~
ofcourse i don't sorry i ment "AIN'T" got[have] a clue towards emulation/d3d coding but im guessing you do not know how people with out a clue in coding has helped dev's make the plug better. By testing the plugin if you couldn't guess that ;)

.....now, why don't you be the bigger [ironically smaller] man and just walk away ^^. I really don't like to start trouble but ofcourse my last reply was soooooo offensive.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
What a wrong-ass post, Dolphin now has Rice and he tries to fix Direct3D plugin, so with latest revisions it looks better and better, now it looks almost like OpenGL one. Better check sources before posting, Squall.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The same rice that couldn't even get Rice Video's combiners 100% working, failed at proper LOD support and gave up when he couldn't fix any of the issues himself?

Consider Dolphin Direct3D dead.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 thing that ogl cant do is play videos anymore in certain games when dx can. so im guessing that who ever mainly works on the plugin ''gave up when he couldn't fix any of the issues'' them selfs? no theres always a time when you come to a dead end but one way or another you find a way out which i know will happen.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
~yawn~ you finished now? ya i do know dolphin has its own board, its just my posts are to sexy~ for you to see ^_~.

Although ector prefers ogl it could not hurt to get dx up to parr with ogl. I know there are some games that will naturally run faster on dx then ogl. Not to mention that there might be some games that dont work on ogl at all but might work on dx.

by the way~
ofcourse i don't sorry i ment "AIN'T" got[have] a clue towards emulation/d3d coding but im guessing you do not know how people with out a clue in coding has helped dev's make the plug better. By testing the plugin if you couldn't guess that ;)

.....now, why don't you be the bigger [ironically smaller] man and just walk away ^^. I really don't like to start trouble but ofcourse my last reply was soooooo offensive.
Considering the Gamecubes API resembles OpenGL, There is no way that WRAPPING them to DirectX would be faster then sticking to OpenGL.

Dolphin OpenGL uses texture formats that are slow on ATI hardware, the format hack specified is one way to address the performance issues.

"1 thing that ogl cant do is play videos anymore in certain games when dx can. so im guessing that who ever mainly works on the plugin ''gave up when he couldn't fix any of the issues'' them selfs? no theres always a time when you come to a dead end but one way or another you find a way out which i know will happen."

Unrelated to OpenGL itself, its a plugin issue, OpenGL can play videos just fine.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
With Rice messing with it Mister, you can consider it as good as....

once hes ****ed with the source code, it will be in such a mess that nobody will want to touch it.

Why do you think everybody who has picked up the RiceVideo (n64) source has quickly given up on it.
I'd be more impressed if Gabest took up the DirectX plugin, atleast then i'd know it was in safe hands.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm they sure didnt before when i checked.and yeah the dx then ogl with my nvidia. soo i dont know what to tell you besides there is a way for everything ;) besides thecrap that is unhumanily impossible.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.