Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am wondering how one would go about coding a directx app to work on an intel integrated video card, i ask as not everyone has an actual video card and i already came across one such pc that even when i try to create the device using the reference flag and software vertex processing flags it does not seem to want to create the device and the laptop this was tested on i was told was very new and its supposed to support pixel shader 2.0 in hardware and vertex shader 3.0 in software and it does support directx 9.0c so i would think it should work, if anyone has any experience with directx coding on these cards and knows possibly what i am doing wrong, help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dax helped me sort out the issue, the card he was testing on could not fall back on a reference driver as its not available but it could go into hardware mode, just had to set it to do software vertex processing when in hardware mode, i was going straight to reference with software instead of testing software on hardware like i should have.

· Premium Member
8,437 Posts
What is the name of your Intel GPU? Direct3D should work just fine on an Intel chipset. At one point, I was limited to an Intel chipset (ran UT2004 like crap). Mine in particular didn't support a programmable pipeline, nor did it even have T&L! So using software vertex processing should work if you're using an old version. The newer ones should support hardware vertex processing.

One more thing, Intel GPUs have awful OpenGL drivers (at least that was my experience over the years).

· Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,377 Posts
I used to have 950GMA intel integrated gfx card with Toshiba laptop, back then I was able to run and compile all DirectX 9.0c SDK 3D samples without problems, whether software rasterization or hardware acceleration used.. albeit they were slow like hell even when using acceleration.. (the samples not optimised for speed I guess :/)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.