Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! DirectX 9.0 Beta is open for the ones who want to test it. Go to Microsoft's DirectX site and follow the instructions.

btw, Voodoofiles has put in their site DirectX 8.1 RC1

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
I hope that this will not cause any trouble like the first 8.1
BTW new directx means new awesome features and means new VGA card will be release HI! nVdia™ Hi! ATI™

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
also means BUGS and time-limited drivers. im iffy about letting the RC1 link stay up since these havent been officially released yet but noone actually buys it so i dont know if it's considered warez..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Beta testing DX on your computer is like pointing a gun at it and pulling the trigger. Considering Microsoft's releases of late, it would be quite a good idea to hold out on 9.0 until at least the first retail version is out. Or better yet, until 9.0a.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is the info on Microsofts site:

The DirectX team is looking for new beta testers for the upcoming DirectX 9.0 beta. If you are a developer or a hard-core gamer interested in participating in the beta, you can submit an application to be considered by completing the DirectX 9.0 beta survey.

Developers: The application process includes providing a description of your development experience, your operating system and your usage scenarios.

Game Enthusiasts: The application process consists of a series of questions that are required for participation in the beta program. Please have your system specifications on hand as you will need to provide them in the online application. You will also need to provide a list of at least 5 DirectX applications you will use as part of your beta testing of DirectX 9.0.

After your application is received, it will be reviewed by the DirectX. If chosen for the beta, you will hear from us in approximately 4 - 6 weeks.

Note: Due to the high volume of requests we receive, you will only be contacted if selected to participate in the beta program.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Bgnome
im iffy about letting the RC1 link stay up since these havent been officially released yet but noone actually buys it so i dont know if it's considered warez..
I'm sorry if the link is not appropriate, it's just that I think that Voodoofiles don't put illegal stuff in their site, I thought it would be ok. I didn't mean to link to any warez stuff.

·
Kupo kupo?
93 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Beta testing DX on your computer is like pointing a gun at it and pulling the trigger. Considering Microsoft's releases of late, it would be quite a good idea to hold out on 9.0 until at least the first retail version is out. Or better yet, until 9.0a.
hehe i totally agree!

They should put in their Website:

caution, DX beta is an EVIL application, and can eat your dog, or even kill your mom and dad. don´t say we have not warned you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts