Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The graphics card SIS530 has a aceleration problem with directx 8 (only that version), anyone kwnos if that problem is in directx 8.1?
:confused:

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I don't really know much about this card, but if it supports DX8 acceleration, and the thing in the previous version was just a bug, then there are chances it is fixed. However, if your card doesn't support DX8 acceleration, probably the problem will persist.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the card supports aceleration (in directx 7 is great) but to have it in directx 8 you have to install the old files of direct draw to make it work. (I take the driver 1.08 and mixed with 1.07 to make the deal).

Tha bad point is the color, its looks darker and the red seems brown.

I think that i have to install directx 8.1 and see what happend

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Modified driver works

Finally I installed directx 8.1 in my machine, the acceleration doesn't works whit the driver 1.08 (Certified for directx 7), replacing only the two direct draw files with the files of version 1.07 the acceleration works.

I think that the problem with 1.08 is the amount of Video RAM that counts the driver, some direct draw applications shows 2MB free, when really i had 7.

The problem with the colors is partially fixed, it's looks better but still has some problem whit red (looks some brow).

If someone needs the modified driver write an e-mail and i send it
(I do'n't give you any warranty, but it's works very well for me :p )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts