1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
While searching google I found a nice little clip about dx10 in farcry2

The clip

In my opinion all the changes and updates made in the new directx are really good and look very good :>

A post in some forum I saw said something like this:
Imagine a sniper on the hill. somebody throws a rock which moves some leaves and makes the sniper shoot that area. The snipers cover is blown and he's shot down by the guy with the rock.

Such an expericne of gameplay would be incredible.
The only downside Ii see in this is that we will need to wait for dx10 hardware to come out first before we can take advantage of all these nice new featues.
I was thinking of buying new hardware lately but with these news I guess i'm gonna have to wait some more...

anyway the new directX seems to be really cool

feel free to post :)

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Yeah everyone who has two 7800 GTX cards will upgrade to the next best and get 2 for SLI.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Master Chief said:
Yeah everyone who has two 7800 GTX cards will upgrade to the next best and get 2 for SLI.
dunno about that, but i think the future standard is going to be dual core with 2GB ram and some 512ram GFX card with DX10 support.
All of it is possible now except the gfx card which will probably be the G81 or r580.
Gotta hate all these hardware migrations...

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
dam i just bought a new computer 3 weeks ago, i wish i new this was coming lmao

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
What kind of pc did you get mako?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
dell 9100 :)
(Pentium D 2.8ghz
Ati x600
512 ram (buying more soon))
Btw i heard they were gonna change the name of direct x to something else after 9.0?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
makotech222 said:
dell 9100 :)
(Pentium D 2.8ghz
Ati x600
512 ram (buying more soon))
Btw i heard they were gonna change the name of direct x to something else after 9.0?
Originally it was planned to be called WGF - Windows Graphic Foundation 1.0 I think, but now its back to DX10.

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
VRiD said:
dunno about that, but i think the future standard is going to be dual core with 2GB ram and some 512ram GFX card with DX10 support.
All of it is possible now except the gfx card which will probably be the G81 or r580.
Gotta hate all these hardware migrations...
Who said you need to upgrade so soon? Or why would you need to upgrade to the latest and greatest? Older technology drops in price as new technology pops up. I'm not like some of these people who have to have the best, I just like a balanced system.

My next upgrade will probably be from AGP 4x to AGP 8x. As my dad buys new stuff, he gives me what he had before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.