Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This a sad day for Metal fan's worldwide, Dimebag Darrel (ex-Pantera and Damageplan) was shot during a concert with is current band Damaged plan.

CNN
MtV
NBC

This is surreal, how can a guy get in a concert with a gun, start shooting, killing 5 and wonding 2 more?

***** this world...f***ing sickos everywere, i'm about to explode....

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
it was a nightclub...most likely they had no metal detectors or anything that could of spotted that gun.

Well like they say, heavy metal brings out the evil in everyone....save all your ammo and take it out on the president :mad:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kirby said:
it was a nightclub...most likely they had no metal detectors or anything that could of spotted that gun.

Well like they say, heavy metal brings out the evil in everyone....save all your ammo and take it out on the president :mad:
/hits Kirby with an old acoustic guitar

Heavy metal doesn't bring the evil out. Ppl who do such things are sick already and it doesn't have anything to do with the music. You sound like complaining parents about how games make kids violent...

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
no...not the parents!!!! >_<.....I submit, I'm a goth rock messenger

well can we still save our ammo for the president? :)

Also this event brings up that local club fire which killed 100 and that club trampling in Chicago. Nightclubs are turning worst and worst. Every day I hear about club shooting on the news...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kirby said:
no...not the parents!!!! >_<.....I submit, I'm a goth rock messenger

well can we still save our ammo for the president? :)

Also this event brings up that local club fire which killed 100 and that club trampling in Chicago. Nightclubs are turning worst and worst. Every day I hear about club shooting on the news...
Save all the ammo you don't need :innocent:

I don't like it how one idiot like this one can give a complete metal or club scene a negative image :hdbash:

·
Banned
177 Posts
I never really liked this guitarist anyway but for the rock part it is sad. Psst I bet he doesnt even get 1/2 the attention all these retarded rap artists get for shooting each other. Poor guy.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
I don't like it how one idiot like this one can give a complete metal or club scene a negative image :hdbash:
The club and metal scene has already been tarnished before this. People still believe Maralyn Manson caused Columbine......and filling a club to twice the legal compacity while using pyrotechnics against a wall lined with inflammable material is just obserd.... -_-

sadly rock/metal isn't that popular in America, and the media doesn't focus on it that much :(

·
Banned
177 Posts
Kirby said:
The club and metal scene has already been tarnished before this. People still believe Maralyn Manson caused Columbine......and filling a club to twice the legal compacity while using pyrotechnics against a wall lined with inflammable material is just obserd.... -_-

sadly rock/metal isn't that popular in America, and the media doesn't focus on it that much :(
My friends love rock as do I. I know what you mean though in the USA its mostly pop/rap that goes down. Sad too because "alot" of it degrades society. Im not saying all but alot does. In sense you can sum up most songs here in three subjects: Money, B!!!!s, Bling.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
That's just crazy...can't find any other words to express my thoughts.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's strange...in every concert i go i get felled up *everywere*, and a this guy get's in it a gun, and kills that many ppl, it's absurd...in portugal if i just got on stage id have like 6 guys on top of me, that if i could get on the the stage, because of (now i'm glad for it) extreme security.....
well, next time i get felled by some 2m goon, i wont be so mad :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It might be different with rock bands. I never heard of the band or singer. But I know from other metal concerts where I've been that with bands which are known in the scene, there aren't many bodyguards around.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I heard about it this morning on the radio. I never heard of damageplan and never listened to pantera. The DJ pretty much said that Dimebag was killed on stage by his own guitar?? At first I thought it was a joke, but then it became serious and I grabbed a paper at college and read about the shooting. Didn't talk about the band and only said there was a shooting in a night club in columbus 3 dead 2 wounded. It's just like the news to screw up a story. We should ban all news source from reporting this because it's going to give metal a bad image.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
At first I couldnt believe it,like,"this guy cant be dead....he cant" its just like,hes an good guitar player to me and that guy dying is just another fraction of Metal going down..altough Metal will always live ;)

"Believe the word
I will unlock my door
And pass the
Cemetery gates"

Kirby said:
I for one would be very very very happy if the media wouldnt focus so much on rock/metal anymore..but yet somehow they always keep popping out some fake metal/rock band to get money..The best Metal is underground and will probably never be heard by the most ppl who just listen to the radio,watch the television and dont go search for less commercial Metal...I like it that way,no need for any wannabee's,fakers or whatever with shirts of any decent undergroundband popping out the ground like crazy...

As for Damageplan,they were a very well known band (well atleast here) due to the former Pantera history...sad that it had to end like this...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts