Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have been to a few sites and I was just wondering that there is not a big price difference between the Riva TnT2 32 Ultra 32MB and G-Force 256.Okay right now I have a sucking card called Riva Vanta 16mb ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........:( :( :(

Now I want to upgrade my card.

So what I want is that I want the Riva TNT2 Card owners to please tell me what sort of performance are they getting in epsxe.And what sort of performance are the G-force owners getting in epsxe.So that I can decide which card should I buy.

The problem due to which I am upgrading my card is that I am not getting full 60fps in gt2......

Please be kind enough to reply to this thread since I need deparate help....................oh yes I do :D

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
It would help if you posted your computer specs (particularly your processor) so we could help you more. I have a comparable card to the Riva TNT 2 card you mentioned, and it mostly has decent performance. However, I would have difficulty recommending it when the GeForce has other features (FSAA comes to mind) that the TNT 2 Ultra card does not.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay Ryos!
here are the specs of my pc

Pentium III,500 Mhz
128MB System Ram
TNT2 Riva Vanta,16MB
32x CD rom
Via AGP chipsets and other stuff on mother board
2x AGP connector

Okay that's all what you will be needing

Ryos man tell me,that whether G-force will give me more speed or Riva TNT2 32MB Ultra

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ali, I know, that you know, that the GeForce is better 1000 times than any TNT2 card on the market, so why are you asking that question?!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm........................!
U seem that I am making fun............nopes man nopes!

Actually all I want to know that if I update my card to Riva TNT2 32 MB than would I get some moew speed or not.Because my friend convinces me that spending a 100 BUX on G-Force will not do any good......................

So I thought if I get the same speed at Riva TNT2 then why waste my hard summed up fortune on G-Force.........hehe

I think I better grab a G-force.

Thanks Anyway

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I ve a comparable system to urs but I ve got a Geforce 256.
And I can tell U it s really speedy for epsxe..
sure, there are slowdowns (sometimes when comes up a big effect if U re playing w/ full options like fsaa 4x or anisotropic filtering,).But who cares..
In ALL the game I ve tried , It runs smoothly at 60 fps (and more if I wanted to)

So if u have the money, go grab a Geforce..It s worth of the price...

S

·
0 Posts
Liaqatali, if your are talking about a GEForce card, then why not go w/the GEForce MX. It is a very good card, dose FSAA, is quite speedy, and doesn't cost that much. I would reccommend the GEForce series of cards to anyone. I have a GEForce 2 GTS and coupled w/my Athlon 1.2 Gig processor, I get fantastic performance.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea man I am getting a G-Force 2 MX DDR from Asus.It is quite a good card I guess.Because it also uses all the detonators and there is no problem of drivers.I think my system is not slow.......

What I all need is just a good 3d card!

Ali
M.L.A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts