Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Metal King
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that there are several differences in the Dreamcast bios's.
Can someone tell me what the differences are between The American Bios (NTSC) and the other foreign BIOS (like PAL & JAP)? I heard they were supposed to have different colors.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Actually, I believe that every BIOS version can display all the logos, and which logo is displayed is determined by a value in the flash ROM. The region code is probably contained in the flash ROM too, but I'm not positive about that. There are different BIOS revisions, but I believe the only differences between them were bugfixes and tweaks. Nothing region specific. As far as what those fixes were, the only one I really know about is one of the latest fixes which plugged the hole that allowed the Dreamcast to boot normal CDs.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well there is a difference in the colour of the swirl. Europe is the only region with a blue swirl. I still don't understand why Sega wanted to have a red swirl in the first place. Both the Sega logo and Sonic are in blue as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.