Next Generation Emulation banner

Difference between 1366 and 1156?

3K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  BinarySlave 
i agree and wait, even if you end getting the same cpu in the long run its better for you because if intel releases even more cpus then the current ones will drop in price...

but if you must know i7 900 series are better for multitasking as it doesnt disable cores to make other cores faster, while i7 800 series will disable cores to make the other cores faster essentially speeding up tasks designed for a single core...

also take account that currently mobos for i7 900 series are tri channel while the i7 800 series are dual channel...

in all honesty i have seen benchmarks where the i7 800 series (especially the high end ones and when they are overclocked) beat the i7 900 series but i havent see a real benchmark that truly takes multitasking into account... reason that i care for multitasking is to run emulators like pcsx2 and dolphin which takes advantage of multiple cores (especially when you use software rendering in pcsx2)

unless i see a real multitasking benchmark i think choosing between 900 and 800 series is to decide if you want more speed in multitasking or for single task

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.