Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iwant know if there is any improve using an OS 64bits and a Processor of 64 bits.
I wanna install windows 7 x64 and i wondering if this make any diference
I have an amd x2 3600 2gb ram, 9800gt
Thank you!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Many applications (32bit apps even) are now running faster on X64 then they do on X32. especially emulators. (X64 is better at handling multiple cores it seems)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ask this because i wnat to try windows 7 beta, much of you have installed and test the emulator with it, or should i go with vista?
thank you

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Windows 7 or i will beat you with your keyboard >.< :p

·
Registered
449 Posts
Windows 7 or i will beat you with your keyboard >.< :p
Laugh out loud...Not really, but it´s still funny.

I agree with Squall, you should definitely go with 7.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
don't go with beta though, wait for the Release candidate, you're more likely to see bug patches for it prior to full release then by using a beta release.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't go with beta though, wait for the Release candidate, you're more likely to see bug patches for it prior to full release then by using a beta release.
Yeah i try with a RC version, mmm i think no one recommend me vista, how a OS final is worse than a OS in development??
Well i go for windows 7 RC x64 then, i hope the others programs run ok.
Thank you!:thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Vista's goal was security and stability.... well they failed at the stability and overkilled on the security (even though it does **** all to prevent a trojan managing to get itself installed... even bypassing UAC)

SP1 actually slowed the OS down to improve stability and didn't do much else for security...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like as neeoo, I was asking myself the same question about performance between x86 and 64 bits versions of the emulator.

Does anyone knows (don't need to be the exact number, just a good estimation is fine) how much fps increase do we win while using the x64 version?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.