Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone put this thing to work great with W2k , OpenGl doesnt seem to be working here. Using latest Diamond drivers.
Should i try S3Graphics ones??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
900 Posts
hmm i only remember the 550 and the 770 or something like that. i have the 550. it won't run open gl. 1 frame per sec. hehe. you have to use the soft drivers because its a crappy card.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I agree that this is a crappy card, and more it is a pain in the ass because diamond doenst exist anymore. Bu i cant throw it away .
When i return home ill try the s3 reference drivers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The diamond Viper 2 wasn't a bad card. certainly not geforce quality but it was decent. I worked with them for a while and most people werre happy with their performance. The key is to get the right drivers. the S3 drivers should do it for ya.

also Diamond is still around at www.diamondmm.com.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
The Savage 2000 chipset was optimized for gamers. Games like UT, Quake 3 (and several others) ran well on it, but everything else sucked. It was also one of the first cards with hardware T&L but it was never enabled in the drivers.:p Anyways, I think the reference drivers are your best shot, or just scrap the card and get a better one.

ebola: You mean the Diamond Viper V550? I think that card used the Nvidia TNT chipset, not an S3 chipset. I owned a Viper V770 (TNT2) before I got my GeForce 2 and it was a pretty decent card.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Originally posted by Demigod79
The Savage 2000 chipset was optimized for gamers. Games like UT, Quake 3 (and several others) ran well on it, but everything else sucked. It was also one of the first cards with hardware T&L but it was never enabled in the drivers.:p Anyways, I think the reference drivers are your best shot, or just scrap the card and get a better one.

ebola: You mean the Diamond Viper V550? I think that card used the Nvidia TNT chipset, not an S3 chipset. I owned a Viper V770 (TNT2) before I got my GeForce 2 and it was a pretty decent card.

This card is fast on S3Metal and OpenGL:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Andronicus but i have to disagree with you.
At least with Win2k and Xp neither in anything above 640X480 OpenGL, DirectX or S3Metal performed well.
I overreacted because even a Snes emu made my Athlon 1.2 Ghz look like an oldie 486 :D ...
Nvidia really kicks ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts