Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
6,391 Posts
The Savage 2000 chipset was optimized for gamers. Games like UT, Quake 3 (and several others) ran well on it, but everything else sucked. It was also one of the first cards with hardware T&L but it was never enabled in the drivers.:p Anyways, I think the reference drivers are your best shot, or just scrap the card and get a better one.

ebola: You mean the Diamond Viper V550? I think that card used the Nvidia TNT chipset, not an S3 chipset. I owned a Viper V770 (TNT2) before I got my GeForce 2 and it was a pretty decent card.

· Registered
873 Posts
Originally posted by Demigod79
The Savage 2000 chipset was optimized for gamers. Games like UT, Quake 3 (and several others) ran well on it, but everything else sucked. It was also one of the first cards with hardware T&L but it was never enabled in the drivers.:p Anyways, I think the reference drivers are your best shot, or just scrap the card and get a better one.

ebola: You mean the Diamond Viper V550? I think that card used the Nvidia TNT chipset, not an S3 chipset. I owned a Viper V770 (TNT2) before I got my GeForce 2 and it was a pretty decent card.

This card is fast on S3Metal and OpenGL:)

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Andronicus but i have to disagree with you.
At least with Win2k and Xp neither in anything above 640X480 OpenGL, DirectX or S3Metal performed well.
I overreacted because even a Snes emu made my Athlon 1.2 Ghz look like an oldie 486 :D ...
Nvidia really kicks ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.