Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some screen shots I took of Dablo running under ePSXe (the latest beta). Let me tell you, this game now runs and sounds as good as the original PC version, which I also have.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Number1

G

·
The text in this picture appears as it is being spoken. It moves at exactally the right speed and is completely in sync w/the voice. The voices are excellent w/no choppiness , break up, or hesitation at all.
Number5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the last one. Sorry these are so dark and grainy. The game is a 2D game after all and enhancing doesn't help it much. The darkness is the way the game is designed. I don't think on the PSX version you can adjust the gamma (brightness) any, but on the PC version you can. Hope you all like them.
sincerely,
sx/amiga:)
Number7

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Hehe Nice screen shots. But the PC version looks better. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whoever, I have 4x FSAA enabled but I have to turn off filtering because it makes the ground look yucky. The FSAA does not seem to help much on this one.
Yes, I agree the PC version does look better, but there are cheats (Gameshark) for the PSX version and I can't seem to get past the Butcher without them (I've tried, believe me I've tried) so........
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Crotally Tazy
4,802 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Whoever, I have 4x FSAA enabled but I have to turn off filtering because it makes the ground look yucky. The FSAA does not seem to help much on this one.
Yes, I agree the PC version does look better, but there are cheats (Gameshark) for the PSX version and I can't seem to get past the Butcher without them (I've tried, believe me I've tried) so........
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Back then when I was a Diablo freak , believe me I didnt use any cheats (save duping) and got to level 45 . By then anyone could kill the normal skill butcher with 1 punch :)

Oh , D2.. yeah I duped on the realms ... screwed up by other dupers , so I didnt care anymore :p ( *cough... that was how i got my 80 sojs tho....* )

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
sxamiga: To get past the butcher, wait until you've cleared out a level or two after him. You'd be amazed how much easier he is after gaining a few more levels/weapons/spells. I kind of like the PSX version more, even with the graphics being worse, because it's more like an insane action game that way instead of the constant clicking in the PC version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the tip Ryos. I will definately try it. What you said about the PSX version over the PC version, not having to click in the PSX version, I totally agree with. I like using my Dual Shock to control the character more than I do the mouse.
Thanks for the compliment prafull, maybe you should at lest try the game. That way maybe you'll understand why your friends like it so much.
That is true Hanamichi, at level 45 if you still can not beat the Butcher, then maybe you should just give up (maybe I should just give up, he he:D J/K). I did get to level 12 or 13 though and still could not beat him, boy was I discouraged.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Thanks for the tip Ryos. I will definately try it. What you said about the PSX version over the PC version, not having to click in the PSX version, I totally agree with. I like using my Dual Shock to control the character more than I do the mouse.
Thanks for the compliment prafull, maybe you should at lest try the game. That way maybe you'll understand why your friends like it so much.
That is true Hanamichi, at level 45 if you still can not beat the Butcher, then maybe you should just give up (maybe I should just give up, he he:D J/K). I did get to level 12 or 13 though and still could not beat him, boy was I discouraged.
You dont have to kill him! you can leave him even when you are kiling diablo....diablo 2 is much better than the first one but the first looks much better!

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Well, if you look at the PC versions of both games, the first one looks smoother than the second, especially if you're playing the second in 640x480 (the only way the game was remotely playable online, at least at the time).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.