Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

When I try to save the char or game, the game reports always "no memorycard inserted"
Save with F1 works but I cannot save a character. :(
Tested with iso-file and original game-cd.

Is there another solution?

My config:

Programversion 1.60
GPU: Pete's Direct3D 1.75
SPU: Eternal SPU Plugin Light 1.41
CDR: SaPu's CD-Rom Plugin 1.0
PAD: Harakiri Pad Plugin 1.4

Memcard1: formatted empty .mcr file
Memcard2: no file selected

The game checks itself over and over the memorycard - port 2 too.
I'm a little bit confusing.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
probably the reason it's tripping over itself is because you didnt select a file for memcard2. just leave it at the default (memcards\epsxe001.mcr).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Other games working. Grandia, Dino Crisis, FF8, Suikoden.
All those games working with saving on a savepoint.

I think "no memcard inserted" means there is no mc...

Edit:
I tried with both:
Deafult and with one mc.

Edit2:
Look at the pic in the attachment. Both mcs are "gone".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx anyway.
It works now, the sound cripples a lot, when I'm longer in one level or stay in town, but it's o.k.

Little question:
Save time is in ePSXe equivalent to psx itself, why? In PSEmu it takes a few seconds to save and/or load.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Because most saves update the screen while they're saving, so they're limited by the framerate cap in the GPU plugin.

If you're using a Pete's or PeOps GPU plugin, hold down the '9' key to uncap the framerate and the save will go much faster. That's what I do, especially in games that write large saves (such as Gran Turismo 1 & 2).

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the second question, use savestates.
Uhmm, yo. But for character I must save it on the regular way.

If you're using a Pete's or PeOps GPU plugin, hold down the '9' key to uncap the framerate and the save will go much faster. That's what I do, especially in games that write large saves (such as Gran Turismo 1 & 2).
I'm using Pete's Direct3D GPU - like I wrote in my first post, and when I use the del key to open the menu, I can deactivate the frame limitation using the end/pos 1 key. Perhaps a good idea, I never thought of it. :)

Large saves? Hehe - Diablo also needs ten blocks for save only - character one block and the options one too. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you please explain to me what you did ??
Got the same problem myself :S !!
Sorry, but the last post are more than two years old. I don't know, if there's a newer version of epsx out now than 1.60. Haven't played for a long time.

If you mean the "no-memorycard-save" problem:
Use an older version of epsx (1.52) instead of the newer one (1.60).
But as I said, I dunno, if there's a newer one out there. The bug could be probably fixed then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.