Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I use ePSXe and was wondering if there is a way to convert my save games like *.mcr to dex drive files *.gme...i tried to do it with the memmanager but when i went to dexdrive the files were not there that i made on ePSXe anyone know any kind of trick???

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use ConvertM by Paul Phoenix (it's on the ePSXe page on psxemu). After opening the program hit Open and select your DexDrive save. After it loads select "Convert" on the lower right and in the dialog that pops up, select "Memory Card Image (*.mc)," then save.

Drop your memory card into ePSXe's "memcards" directory and start ePSXe. From the Config menu, select Mem Card. Click on "Select" and select the memcard you recently converted.

While I realize that ePSXe has native support for DexDrive saves, for some reason very few of the ones I've used have worked correctly, so I always convert to traditional memcard format beforehand. :shrug:

Of course, if your game *still* has problems reading from the memcard, you might want to press F4 just before it attempts to read or write to the card.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
isnt it that epsxe supports lots of memcard format?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If you want a quick way to convert from .gme or .mem to an .mcr (raw) memory card, you can do the following:

convert .gme to .mcr: remove the first 3904 bytes from the .gme file and save it as a .mcr file.

convert .mem to .mcr: remove the first 64 bytes from the .mem file and save it as a .mcr file.

You can use a hex/text editor to do this, I use UltraEdit personally. In each case the resulting file must be 131072 bytes. And a psx memcard file should always start with the characters 'MC...'.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i think you guys misunderstood me...I want to put the file that I saved (000.gme) back on the Dex Drive...but all the files I saved to it through ePSXe are not on there...:mg:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I think that what cluthu suggested will work for you. You just follow his instuctions backwards. (ie: .mcr into .gme instead of .gme into .mcr)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts