Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the save game for Fire Pro Wrestling G from gamefaqs.com . Its a .gme file. I set the save directory to point to this file. Start the game, no change. I convert it to ePSXe file (I dont remember the extention) with PSXMemTool. Point the save to this new file, try again, nothing happens. I set both save slots to point to each version of the save, and nothing. Im running the game from a CD.

So what, if anything, am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, I'll use the EDIT button next time. I'm new here, so I'm still learning. I found my own BIOS and when I run a game, it runs really slow. Any help?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
geneticjester said:
Ok, I'll use the EDIT button next time. I'm new here, so I'm still learning. I found my own BIOS and when I run a game, it runs really slow. Any help?
What has this to do with the original post?

Regarding the topic of this thread, is the save from the same region of your game? Look for it's code on its case (will be something like SCES-12345, SLUS-54321, ETC), and compare to the one that psxmemtool reports from the save. If they don't match, change the code (and the region, if needed) of the save to match your game's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seem to have misplaced the original case, but the game was only released in Japan. So both the game and save are Japanese. The bold text in the save says SLPSP0265 but there seems to be other data on it as well. Like theres seems to be a mention of the US version of Tenchu on it. Heres a screenshot, maybe.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
MrProxy said:
I seem to have misplaced the original case
It's ok, it's written over the original disc too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The CD is a little scratched, so I cant seem to make out the code but they'd have to match. The game was only sold for the Japanese version of Playstation.

But even if I did have a pirated copy (which Im not saying I do) I would certainly be morally entitled to it. I wasted good money on pure garbage like Rampage, Rampage 2, and Contra Adventure. Contra Adventure alone should entitle me to the entire Playstation library in reparations. I also bought Fire Pro Wrestling D for the Dreamcast new, so the Fire Pro people got their money.

Ive tried everything with this save file, though. File it under bug reports, I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Enough rant. Sorry but i'm not buying that your disc is that heavily scratched that you can't read something that is on the top of it. Don't know why, but my discs are either scratch free, or the slight scratches they have are on the data side, never on the other side (wich is the one where the code is written). You are entitled to download what you wish to and deal with your local authorities about it, but emuforums [rules]rules[/rules] specify clearly that
rules said:
NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez.
If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.
Closing thread. Consider yourself warned for the first time. Further rule violations will result in a ban.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.