Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after a battle with installing some crappy new ram which I promptly returned to the store the next day, I think it might have effected my computer in some weird way. When I open the device manager I dont get any listings at all, so I searched the microsoft knowledge base (KB) and found one solution, start the plug & play service. Thats great, but the PnP service is already running!

I tried opening an empty MMC and adding in the device manager snap-in but that didnt work either (didnt think it would). Ive restarted the pc aswell, no such luck. Do you think throwing in the XP cd and running the repair process on the installation would fix it?

Running WinXP Pro.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Man, never saw this happening.
Have u tried booting W/out the new RAM?

·
Registered
504 Posts
It never hurts to do a reinstall, unless your using a key that you "found". I found that a reinstall helps a lot of my comp problems, or even just shutting it down over night.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mad said:
Man, never saw this happening.
Have u tried booting W/out the new RAM?
See:

which I promptly returned to the store the next day
I returned it for a refund, no new ram, just my old system.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
VDDZ said:
It never hurts to do a reinstall, unless your using a key that you "found". I found that a reinstall helps a lot of my comp problems, or even just shutting it down over night.
or make a backup of your curren system (northon ghost RLZ :D) than install fresh one and see if there's a difference :)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
tried the boot in the last known good config or something? maybe something got screwed in your registry.

Maybe a repair could help, don't guarantee nothing, you know windows nature.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KanedA last time I used NG that totally devestated my system and I lost everything :rolleyes:. Looks I will try a repair tomorrow, and ive done a system restore and boot to last known config etc.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Yeah. Do the repair Reich if you don't want to reinstall all of your stuff. I've never had a problem with a repair, although I prefer a fresh install.:)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Bad RAM loves to screw Windows registry......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts