Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this seems to be a more actively worked on emu than nocash, I figure I have a better shot at getting a yes/no/go away Noob type thing asking here than anywhere else.

Is there anywhere that a computer geek with way too much time on his hands can go to do some research on how NDS emulation is being approached, what base concepts are being applied, etc.?

Just as an example, take DQ4/5. When running either on DeSmuME, performance for me is in the 25-35 FPS in the overworld (not looking for a system spec debate, I know I need more CPU) whereas in nocash, I get maybe 10 FPS unless I use the "fully discovered map" cheat code. I am interested in reading up on what differences cause those kinds of things, along with what possible options there are for writing in options for more then just directdraw or openGL for rendering options.

I am sure al these things have been considered, but like I said, way too much time on my hands, and I am looking to expand my knowledge of NDS emulation in general.

So if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative, and who knows... maybe with some research I might be able to actually contribute to a scene that has been both fascinating and entertaining me for quite a while.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.