Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Help! I tried installing the Detonator XP drivers for my TNT2 but it didn't work. So I tried re-installing my old Windows 2000 Detonator drivers but now it won't work. I have to use the default Windows 2000 basic drivers. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try going into safe mode deleting the display adapter (I assume you only have one.) Then go back into "regular windows." It will install a standard driver. Unzip the Det3 drivers to a directory. Goto the device manager (or whatever it is in Win2K) and open up the properties for the generic display device. Update its driver and tell it you want to select the drivers from a certain location. When it asks, just type in the location of the directory that you unzipped the Det3 drivers to. You should be all set then! :)

Get the self extracting zip of the Det3 (12.41) drivers from visiontek. Or by clicking here

Hope this helps! :)

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Thanks, the Detonator 3 drivers helped a lot. I had a bit of trouble installing but I finally got it working again. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
the 64-bit driver is for windows xp 64-bit(will be released later than home and pro edition...doesn't support compatibility mode)
anyway,this driver is actually meant for people who are having trouble with det21.81 plus it is whql certified

·
Registered
251 Posts
the difference is that winxp 64bit execute commands in 64bit environment as opposed to 32bit in home/pro edition
it is to take advantage of 64bit processor(like intel's itanium)
normal user won't need it i think...it is more geared towards server etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.