Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Detonator 1210 beta drivers are out. I got them over at www.3dchipset.com I installed them last night and they are really working well for me. They also seem faster as well.
On a side note, I'll be moving up to a 1.2 Gigahtz Athlon T-Bird processor. I have already bought it and the motherboard and all I need to do is install it. I am really excited. Any other T-Bird owners care to tell how they like their processors? I'd be very interested to hear. Take care all.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
There are Elsa drivers floating around but these ones aren't. According to link that sx/amiga posted

Detonator 12.10 Drivers - 4:18:42 PM

There are 12.10 Win2k drivers floating around that are modified Elsa drivers. We do not post info on something like that, but we do post info on beta reference detonators. NvItalia has scored the Win9x, WinME, Win2k, and WinME 12.10 detonators. Here is the scoop on all 3 versions:

Beta Win9x & WinME Detonators
v12.10
Date: May 2, 2001
Size: 5.16mb
Download Here

Release Notes:
- Seperate AGP and PCI folders for installation
- No word on compatibility or performance
- Files are dated: Apr 13, 2001

----------------------------------------------------------

Beta Win2k Detonators
v12.10
Size: 2.65mb
Download Here

Release Notes:
- Drivers are reference and therefore do not leave an Elsa branding
- GeForce 3 is listed under the nv4_disp setup information file
- No word on performance or compatibility

----------------------------------------------------------

Beta WinNT4 Detonators
v12.10
Size: 2.18mb
Download Here

Release Notes:
- GeForce 3 is listed under the nv4_disp setup information file
- No word on performance or compatibility

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hrm, I better check them out then, the ones I grabbed last week were ELSA-branded :/

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

New detonators are released after every two weeks Great!

I have used all of them but I cannot find any difference....

I think it is my 3D card,it sucks

I have Riva TnT2 Vant 16MB:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
So I think that there is no effect if the detonators on this damn card.......................:cool:

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
mml
Liaqatali, U should use the 5.xx detonator serie...

cuz' Ur TNT may slowdown w/ all 6.xx and 10.xx series...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the TNT2 was maxed out by the detonators a while ago...it's still good to upgrade to fix compatibility bugs, though.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was running the ELSA branded one for a while, these seem no different performance-wise, so they are quite nice.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well I think I will only update my detonator just to make myself happy................
I am getting a G-Force 2 GTS from Asus after my papers.Because if I buy it now I will really mess up my time on that card:(

So after a month I will have my hand on that damn card.
HEHE;)

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well i downloaded and installed the 12.10 detanator drivers from 3dchipset.com and thay seem to work pritty well, no problems with my current pc config (at least not that i've noticed yet), havent noticed any proformance incress as of yet tho

S

·
0 Posts
I have noticed a small performance increase over the 1200 drivers. The 1210s are very stable and have given no problems at all. So I'll stay w/them. The performance increase came after I upgraded.
I'm now running an Athlon T-Bird 1.2 GHZ, GEForce 2 GTS card, Sound blaster Live Value card, Win 98 First Edition, and 128 megs of PC 133 memory. My mother board is handling the AGP at 4x and the FSB is 266. With all this, the 1210s are giving me better performance than they did.
Very interesting CD about the 1200s being WHQL certified, they are very good drivers. Maybe the 1210s will follow suit soon. I sure hope so:D .
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 12.00s are certified because they will be the next 'official' release from Nvidia...

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
yepeeeeeeeeeee!

I have got a very big bug fixed just because of changing the detonator from 11 to 12.00

I was playing the PC game Princ3D.It is a great game,when I updated the detonator to 11.00 the keyboard stopped working in this game also some other games also gave me the same problem.Now when I have updated the driver to 12.00 the bug is gone.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well I donot know whether ot was the detonator or something else fixing the problem but I am very happy.

Ali
M.L.A

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks UncleClive, I goofed:emb: . I'll change it and spell it properly this time. Thanks for catching this.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I ve seen tests of differents detonator drivers (including the latest 12.10)
It seems that the 10.80 are the best in terms of performance
(in d3d tough, cuz ALL the drivers have good results in OGL
near 1 or 2 fps of difference...)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts