Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Bug 1 needed further consistency testing, found the culprit and created a new bug with the correct information, and marked the old bug as invalid.

The issue is caused by zipped roms. 0.9 loaded zipped roms from the recent list just fine, but 0.9.1 fails to load them.

Also had it validated by Kaizen/John Aiton on both the builds.

Yeah, that was the case.
Both sse and sse2 builds would load uncompressed .nds roms from the recent list but not zip files

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
games which use EEProm64K won't work first time via Autodetect, you need to copy a dummy 64KB file for it to write to first time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Poke Diamond works perfectly with the linux 0.9.1 build (release vers.).
Only performance was a little bit unsattisfying at first but with the nice
--gdk-gl-force-indirect com I got above 30 Fps so its playable. Thanks for your work, especially the linux version makes me really happy because seldom windowsler consider making up something like that!

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
just to make sash unhappy...Poke Diamond works perfectly with the linux 0.9.1 build (release vers.).
Only performance was a little bit unsattisfying at first but with the nice
--gdk-gl-force-indirect com I got above 30 Fps so its playable. Thanks for your work, especially the linux version makes me really happy because seldom windowsler consider making up something like that!
read my earlier post about the patched version of the game working fine.....The ORIGINAL game however does not work.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Some games have more obscure battery writes i suppose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Then your game was patched.

no$gba also at first did not have any sort of WiFi and Pokemon also threw up that error so a guy called Kingcom created an ips patch to remove the WiFi check.

The problem is that once WiFi does get emulated this patch often prevents loading of saves which are met with a black screen generally if pirated firmware is located in the no$gba folder.

I will not link to the patch though because then we might get dozens of people complaining about Pokemon Diamond no longer working when DeSmuME gets basic WiFi evaluation eventually.

Besides the longer the game does not work the happier shash is :p
@ shash: I assumed him to have some insider information about your feelings thwards pokemon. If not, never mind. Was just supposed to be a little joke.

IO hope that serves legal purpose :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
just for the fum of it...as I do not own a DS...would it be legal to by the game and by some unknown source gain access to a *** and use it?
I have no idea about the copyright stuff Nintendo brews.
Might be somewhere in the grey zone.
I have done so with DvD's as I do try to not take the out of there boxes avoid damage when taking them out. So I downloaded avi's as that was faster and less heat producing than ripping them myself.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
just for the fum of it...as I do not own a DS...would it be legal to by the game and by some unknown source gain access to a rom and use it?
(...)
Ok, by knowing this what you gained is me reporting every single thread of you asking for support. Here or on the official forums (on the official forums, this includes a ban if I ever see you again :p). Congrats

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry if I offended you. that was not intended to look intelligent but to get around an obstacle and still get what I might want without braking forum rules.
BtW I might have missunderstood them but what exactly is now bad about my post? I thought that would be enough to keep the "owner" of the board out of trouble?

Ok, by knowing this what you gained is me reporting every single thread of you asking for support. Here or on the official forums (on the official forums, this includes a ban if I ever see you again :p). Congrats
I said I am considerung to BUY the game...so what are you going to ban me for?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
No, any kind of talk related to ROMs download/share is forbidden here. It's not legal, and saying the opposite only makes you look like someone failing to try to look intelligent.

Without a DS, you can't dump your owned games... At least not in a known way/procedure. If you know a way to do so without a DS, I'll be glad to hear it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just came to the conclusion that this is quite a waste of time.
I have no Idea why you (at least it looks as if you do so) are just trying to be unfriendly to me / insulting.
You might want to consider to adopt some better manners when communicating with someone who has just giving you a compliment for good work and maybe formulated a question a little bit to unaware of legal rights.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.