Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Report your bugs here.

1. 0.9.1 - Zipped roms not loading from recent roms list.
2. Autodetect does not work on EEProm64K (512kb) (Naruto Path of the ninja DS) Crash error occurs. (workaround- by placing a dummy 64KB file with the same name)
3. Missing Basic Wifi support prevents Pokemon Diamond/Pearl from getting ingame.
4. Megaman ZX Advent - Gets ingame, but Megaman, NPC's and animated objects not visible (Layer missing)
5. LoZ - Phantom Hourglass, fails to boot (U).
6. Auto frameskip is a little overactive, causing jumping and skipping where not needed.

You can log bugs @ Bug Tracker
Otherwise, Post them here, and I will check them out, and log them if reproducible.
Be Clear on the Rom Revision, and Regioning.

·
DeSmuME Team
37 Posts
Report your bugs here.
...3. .SAV file is not the size selected, EEPROM 64K should be 64KB, instead is 512KB
64K it 64 kilobits - 64K * 8 = 512 Kbytes :)

Report your bugs here.
...2. Autodetect does not work on EEProm64K (Naruto Path of the ninja DS) Crash error occurs.
we know. in next release may will fixed.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Placing a dummy 64KB file in the folder allowed me to save xD.

may i suggest configurable states and battery folders? i prefer not to mess the Rom directory up with save information.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most are too lazy to log bugs :p

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Then don't even bother to report them, if they're lazy to log, their descriptions and will to help will also be also lacking, thus no reason to hear them.

Also, this way people won't think their bug reports will be heard (or fixed in the future, if the developers don't know about it) here, so everyone knows that the ONLY place that they'll heard is the official bug tracker.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steady on Shashclp, keep this thread open anyway. If anyone reports a bug here, i'll test it myself and log it if its reproducible.

Sourceforge's site is a performance ***** for most people anyway. so i can understand why people avoid it.

btw, https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2217330&group_id=164579&atid=832291 < unless 1436 is newer then 0.9.1, its not fixed. the Eur rom is not affected.

unless of course your USA rom happens to be different to the one i have (my USA dump is 64MB, while the Eur dump is 128MB)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DON'T REPORT YOUR BUGS HERE!

We have a better way to do so:

Bug Tracker

Then click "Add artifact". Posting here will probably not be seen by most of the developers, if seen at all :p

Also, on a non relate note, I booted and got ingame on both Zelda:pH and Pokemon with a SVN build I did, so I don't really know what broke on 0.9.1 :p

didn't see your ninja edit (or atleast the bottom of this post haha.)

Yeah, same goes for the Recent Roms list, it worked in 0.9 but not in 0.9.1

I also noticed the SSE_2 build of 0.9 would launch on my AXP, but the 0.9.1 build doesn't (not a bug, obviously)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, yeah, seems like one of those obscure things, since the Euro rom works.

good thing it can load the USA save :p

·
Registered
828 Posts
1. Selecting roms from recent roms list is broken.
2. Autodetect does not work on EEProm64K (512kb) (Naruto Path of the ninja DS) Crash error occurs. (workaround- by placing a dummy 64KB file with the same name)
3. Missing Basic Wifi support prevents Pokemon Diamond/Pearl from getting ingame.
4. Megaman ZX Advent - Gets ingame, but Megaman, NPC's and animated objects not visible (Layer missing)
5. LoZ - Phantom Hourglass, fails to boot (U).
6. Auto frameskip is a little overactive, causing jumping and skipping where not needed.
I've just tested the version 0.9.1 :

1. The recent roms menu works perfectly for me.
2. You tested one single game. Test other games and see. Normally autodetect works correctly, but with some games it doesn't. And does this bug happen on 0.9 ?
3. The wifi system is completely broken. Even if you download the source and compile it with the EXPERIMENTAL_WIFI define (required to enable wifi), Pokemon surely won't be playable.
4. Does this bug happen on 0.9 ?
5. These games aren't in the compatibility list. Are they compatible with 0.9 ?
6. Are you under Linux or whatever ? In the Win32 port the auto frameskip works correctly.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Select a game in the list., works in 0.9, fails in 0.9.1.

2. You tested one single game. Test other games and see. Normally autodetect works correctly, but with some games it doesn't. And does this bug happen on 0.9 ?
I tested 19 games, only 4 had issues. Pretty good considering the other emulators had issues with half the games.

3. The wifi system is completely broken. Even if you download the source and compile it with the EXPERIMENTAL_WIFI define (required to enable wifi), Pokemon surely won't be playable.

Complete wifi isn't required, all that is required is the hardware responds appropriately to a write to the wifi init register. As far as i've read on the subject the game does something similar to the Zelda oracle games, except instead of a write to an audio register it writes to the wifi register, then reads it back, if the value is wrong or non existant the game fails to continue past that point.

Yes, layer is missing.

5. These games aren't in the compatibility list. Are they compatible with 0.9?
Compatibility lists are for the pawns who only want to play the emulator without contributing bugs towards its development. USA fails to boot in 0.9, but Euro boots fine

6. Are you under Linux or whatever ? In the Win32 port the auto frameskip works correctly.
No, it doesn't work fine, the Frameskipping is sacrificing smoothness for speed that it doesn't really require, a frame skipping of 1 is enough to get most games running smoothly, however the auto option seems to use 5+.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Select a game in the list., works in 0.9, fails in 0.9.1.

I tested 19 games, only 4 had issues. Pretty good considering the other emulators had issues with half the games.

Complete wifi isn't required, all that is required is the hardware responds appropriately to a write to the wifi init register. As far as i've read on the subject the game does something similar to the Zelda oracle games, except instead of a write to an audio register it writes to the wifi register, then reads it back, if the value is wrong or non existant the game fails to continue past that point.

Yes, layer is missing.

5. These games aren't in the compatibility list. Are they compatible with 0.9?
Compatibility lists are for the pawns who only want to play the emulator without contributing bugs towards its development. USA fails to boot in 0.9, but Euro boots fine

No, it doesn't work fine, the Frameskipping is sacrificing smoothness for speed that it doesn't really require, a frame skipping of 1 is enough to get most games running smoothly, however the auto option seems to use 5+.
1. I already said, I can perfectly open a ROM from the recent roms menu.

2. Hmm... good. But, for the games that have issues, do they have the same issues on 0.9 ?

3. Hmm... I'll look at that issue.

4. So it isn't a regression. In your "DeSmuME 0.9.1 Bugs" thread, it sounds like the bug appeared in 0.9.1 .

5. USA and EUR versions of the same game may be different. See SM64DS, for example, the first version contains lots of glitches that the other versions don't have (including EUR).

6. I asked you if you were using Linux or whatever that's not Windows.

BTW, I tkink we should have a nice "DeSmuME 0.9.1 released" thread, instead of this bug thread which makes DeSmuME 0.9.1 look super-buggy.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hmm... okay, but this thread still makes DeSmuME 0.9.1 look super-buggy, as we never got this type of thread before, and also Squall-Leonhart who reports these bugs sounds to me like they don't happen on 0.9 and they're regressions.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Then your game was patched.

no$gba also at first did not have any sort of WiFi and Pokemon also threw up that error so a guy called Kingcom created an ips patch to remove the WiFi check.

The problem is that once WiFi does get emulated this patch often prevents loading of saves which are met with a black screen generally if pirated firmware is located in the no$gba folder.

I will not link to the patch though because then we might get dozens of people complaining about Pokemon Diamond no longer working when DeSmuME gets basic WiFi evaluation eventually.

Besides the longer the game does not work the happier shash is :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Obviously happen just to me, but in my RADEON 9200
can't see 3D elements correctly... are black at all or does'nt show at all
but this didn't happen in the 0.9 version of desmume.. they show correctly

is really weird.. :/

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hmm... okay, but this thread still makes DeSmuME 0.9.1 look super-buggy, as we never got this type of thread before, and also Squall-Leonhart who reports these bugs sounds to me like they don't happen on 0.9 and they're regressions.

Bug 1 needed further consistency testing, found the culprit and created a new bug with the correct information, and marked the old bug as invalid.

The issue is caused by zipped roms. 0.9 loaded zipped roms from the recent list just fine, but 0.9.1 fails to load them.

Also had it validated by Kaizen/John Aiton on both the builds.

lol, its WIP, of course there are bugs, xD, reporting them is the first step to fixing them.

And i wouldn't call it super buggy... its not windows vista.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts