Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!!! i´ve been using some Desktop Recording apps lately and sadly i haven´t got the results i was expecting... while most of them are useless and the video quality pretty bad i´ve finally found one that provides a nice quality but it lacks on some stuff. that app is called camtacia and the downsides are the following:

1. i can´t record the sound comming from the "WAVE" or my speakers.
2. it lags a bit even if i disable Aero or change the values in the tools menu.

Positive things:
1. Easy to use
2. Great video quality

so now the reason why i made this thread is not to talk about camtasia but to ask you guys if you know a better app that at least doesn´t lag that much and that is able to record the sound comming from my speakers aswell..

last but not least here´s a video to show what i mean when i said it lags(while rotating)

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there's gotta be i mean i saw some desktop recordings on youtube which can only have been done with those kind of apps.*goes googleing* since i aint in the mood to play with photoshop :p
yea i´ve seen and tried many of them the problem is not many apps render,moves or display there stuff the way @ES does and even few apps were unable to record @ES on the screen lol.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
You can give VirtualDub a shot. Just disable OpenGL accelerated capture and it should "see" @ES just fine. I'm on Windows 7 and I have to disable it whether I want to or not. I used to be able to turn off Aero and use OpenGL, but not anymore. I assume Direct2D is enabled in the newer Windows 7 RC.

Oh yeah, and be sure to download and install a fast codec like MSU Screen Capture Lossless Codec or Huffyuv.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can give VirtualDub a shot. Just disable OpenGL accelerated capture and it should "see" @ES just fine. I'm on Windows 7 and I have to disable it whether I want to or not. I used to be able to turn off Aero and use OpenGL, but not anymore. I assume Direct2D is enabled in the newer Windows 7 RC.

Oh yeah, and be sure to download and install a fast codec like MSU Screen Capture Lossless Codec or Huffyuv.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Just for the record and future reference, glc is currently the best OpenGL capturing application for Linux (the equivalent for fraps, I guess you can also use that if you are using an opengl application).

Other than that for Windows there's camstudio the open source alternative for camtasia.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
So if I wanna use CamStudio is it necessary to install their codec as well. And if I do install their codec, will it interfere with any of the codecs which I already have installed?

Edit: I just installed it and it works great without the codec. Absolutely no lag and stunning quality ^_^ Thanks Proto!

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OMFG!!!! HyperCam is awesome!!!! well it´s the first screen capture app that actually works fine for me. it´s very customizable and great... the only thing i haven´t got working yet is the sound but the screen recording is just awesome!

here´s a small video to show you how it works.. its still not 100% but very close to it... and with some tweak am sure i will get it ;)

btw camStudio didn´t worked propertly for me......

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Can you zoom into a portion of the screen while recording with that?
i think you can´t do that... in fact the GUI is very simple and doesn´t have too many options but at least the Screen Recording mechanism seems to work damn great!

@aruantec: I gather you like that rotate the gadget effect? :lol:

In any case, it's nice you found an app that finally helped you there.
it´s not a Gadget effect(btw @ES is not a gadget) what i´ve done is simulate the iphone´s auto-adjust mechanism that auto-adjust things depending on the angle(anyways is a great hardcore test for every Screen Recorder app). even if the app Records the screen very well it still can´t Record @ES Rotation at 100% but at least it´s close to perfect i think.

Here´s another video of how far i could get. i´ve also tested every single feature of @ES and each of them were captured nicely.. except the Rotation which lags just a bit... but i think is rasonable and very nice...the only thing i haven´t got to work is the sound but that´s ok i think.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE:

Ok HyperCam 2 is definitelly the better Destop Recorder app but after trying everything here i was unable to get the sound working and rotation can´t be recorded that well. to show you the difference between HyperCam 2 and my Camera i´ve uploaded a new Video. as you will notice my Camera shows the real speed of @ES rotation while HyperCam 2 gives the feeling like @ES is choppy. for now am going to stick to my Camera and HyperCam 2 so if somebody has another option or a better app please tell me.

Here´s the video for everyone that wants to compare:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.