Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so, I downloaded the newest version of Demul (0.5.3), right? And from what I've heard, it's a fantastic emulator (comparable to nullDC) and that many games run full speed. So, I also know you get many questions about this commonly experienced issue. Now, I do have both the dc_bios and dc_flash files (in the roms directory, "1_01d_01.bin" and "1_004_01.bin" respectively) and had accordingly put them in "dc.zip" as instructed. But no matter what I do, it tells me "could not open dc.zip", no matter what I do. From what I've read, people simply stating "put the bios and flash into dc.zip" isn't clear enough IMHO. Maybe if someone could show a screenshot of what they're talking about, I wouldn't be as confused as I am right now. And I know for a fact that my PC is definitely powerful enough to run most, if not all modern games and emulators.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz)
RAM: 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (PC2 6400)
GPU: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3

Again, I have followed the instructions as to how one is to make the dc.zip. It couldn't be more vague, but whatever. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Okay, so, I downloaded the newest version of Demul (0.5.3), right? And from what I've heard, it's a fantastic emulator (comparable to nullDC) and that many games run full speed. So, I also know you get many questions about this commonly experienced issue. Now, I do have both the dc_bios and dc_flash files (in the roms directory, "1_01d_01.bin" and "1_004_01.bin" respectively) and had accordingly put them in "dc.zip" as instructed. But no matter what I do, it tells me "could not open dc.zip", no matter what I do. From what I've read, people simply stating "put the bios and flash into dc.zip" isn't clear enough IMHO. Maybe if someone could show a screenshot of what they're talking about, I wouldn't be as confused as I am right now. And I know for a fact that my PC is definitely powerful enough to run most, if not all modern games and emulators.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz)
RAM: 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (PC2 6400)
GPU: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3

Again, I have followed the instructions as to how one is to make the dc.zip. It couldn't be more vague, but whatever. Any help is appreciated.

I am sorry but it works fine for me. They are not in roms folder.. you need them in Demule folder. The games in zip files should be in Demule folder as well.. No bios folder and no roms folder at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
*Sigh* I've tried putting the dc.zip in the same directory as the emulator and it still doesn't work! Who's the genius that made the emulator work this way? The instructions are as clear as mud, I mean, honestly! What more can I try? I've done everything you've told me to do!

BTW, it's me, Neo_bahamut1985; I'm using this since I can't access my other account.

Edit 2: Call it ranting if you must, but, this is getting ridiculous. I've put it in the demul.exe folder, the roms folder, extracted and compressed (.zip) and is still can't open it!

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Okay... I want to help you:

Again, you dont need roms folder. The roms need to be in the demul.exe folder as well. The awbios.zip and naomi.zip needs to be in the demule.exe folder as well.

Now, you need to make sure you have the right bios... For an example:

Make sure that this dc_boot.bin file is NTSC bios then rename it to 1_01d_01.bin

Now, put 1_01d_01.bin inside the dc.zip and make sure it is in the demul.exe folder as well.

If it doesn't work then you have the wrong bios because mine was bad also and I got a new one and it's working fine now. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just the bios or does both the flash and bios go into dc.zip?

Update: Well, Demul knows that the bios file is there, but now it won't "find" the dc_flash or "1_004_01.bin" even after renaming it and adding it to dc.zip

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Well, I didnt put dc_flash in it and it didnt asked me at all. I just put 1_01d_01.bin and that is the usa version into dc.zip. Make sure your dc.zip have dc.bat in it as well.

Wait a minute.. you are using a pal version ?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
If you have NTSC USA BIOS then you need to rename it to 1_01d_01.bin.. NOT 1_004_01.bin. Now, put it into dc.zip and again to make sure inside the dc.zip have dc.bat and try again. I retest and mine's working fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have NTSC USA BIOS then you need to rename it to 1_01d_01.bin.. NOT 1_004_01.bin. Now, put it into dc.zip and again to make sure inside the dc.zip have dc.bat and try again. I retest and mine's working fine.
And 1_004_01.bin is the flash, right? I don't need that file, do I? And dc.bat I need to get elsewhere (I'm sure)....? So, dc.zip needs two files...?
Again, I named the bios 1__01d_01.bin and put that in the dc.zip, which Demul knows is there, it's telling me that the Flash file doesn't exist, unless it's dc.bat that I need to rename to 1_004_01...

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Ahh.. that's why you are confused. I think I got it... Let me try again:

NTSC BIOS>dc_boot.bin, dc_flash.bin

What you can do is: Rename dc_boot.bin to 1__01d_01.bin

And for dc_flash.bin.. No, you dont need it.

Now, put 1__01d_01.bin into dc.zip along with dc.bat and try it.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
If you get it from somewhere and open it and it should be dc.bat in it. No, I don't think so.

EDIT: You can put roms into roms folder and go to Demul config where roms folder is and you can run from there. I just found out about it on my own. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
What CHD format does DEMUL support? Is it the latest CHD format supported by MAME (large CHD file, small .data file inside a ZIP file) or is it the format of the first dumps (large CHD file, large BIN file inside a ZIP file)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, first of all, I apologize for the fact that I will most probably use this account only once.
Second, I apologize for bumping this thread and breaking other several rules from the forum.
All I am in need is for the dc.bat file. I've been searching for about 1 week, non-stop, for a working DC emulator.
Of course there are the ones such as Chankast which are so-proclaimed as the greatest emulator.
But I can never seem to run them, if I do, I'd come across an error that requires me to get a certain file.
And this has been constantly happening over and over again, it's unbelievably frustrating.
So I found out about Demul, the older version. It was working but I couldn't configure the buttons.
I found the newer one, could configure the buttons but I require some extra files...yet again.
So please, help me by at least linking me to a dc.bat download.
I do not come for fights and noob calling, I just want to play my Dreamcast.
I'll be really happy, if anyone, ANYONE can help me. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have an Nvidia with Latest drivers and get the same error: 'create buffer failed' what the f.. is happening :mad:, i really hate this emulator

Specs

Intel core 2 Duo E 4500 with 3 Gb ram

Nvidia 7300 gs 256 Mb ram ( this is NOT an integrated card)

so i have not idea of what is doing, but can not play atomiswave oO

·
dr emulator (madmax)
240 Posts
i have an Nvidia with Latest drivers and get the same error: 'create buffer failed' what the f.. is happening :mad:, i really hate this emulator

Specs

Intel core 2 Duo E 4500 with 3 Gb ram

Nvidia 7300 gs 256 Mb ram ( this is NOT an integrated card)

so i have not idea of what is doing, but can not play atomiswave oO
there is a fix for anyone with an nvidia card here thank Stranno for it as i've no idea where he got it and haven't asked
the atomiswave version is here again thanks to Stranno for the find

all the info on it plus his vids are here you will need the atomiswave bios for the games, remember don't ask anyone for any of them publicly or privately or you might face the ban stick
sorry rules is rules

Onboard Vcard (GMA X3100) had problem with demul.
Error: Create pbuffer failed
If U knew how to fix it, plz tell me! I'm wating for U opinion!
you might not be able to get demul to work on an onboard graphics card although thats not always the case

anyways enjoy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.