Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm using epsxe 1.6. No matter which plugins I' use or how I customize the system, when I'm trying to start a .zip a black screen occurs telling me "demo. pll not found". Is there a quick method to fix that? ( i couldn't find a 'Demo.pll' anywhere in the net)

thanks

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
I dont think epsxe supports .zip. Not sure i could be wrong. Try running the game from the cd and btw why are u using .zip?

Remember we do not support pirated games, warez etc.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Why would you want to start a zip? Just stick the cd in the unit, and load the game from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For Pete's sake, those of us that visit *snip* (use Google) get all our files in a zip format. AND ePSXe SAYS it'll open zip. The files come seperately, so they're clumped in a zip file. Easy for the rest of us. Back to topic, WHAT THE (long censoring and annoying BLEEEEEP) IS "demo .pll"!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Thoughtful said:
For Pete's sake, those of us that visit ROM World (use Google) get all our files in a zip format. AND ePSXe SAYS it'll open zip. The files come seperately, so they're clumped in a zip file. Easy for the rest of us. Back to topic, WHAT THE (long censoring and annoying BLEEEEEP) IS "demo .pll"!!!!
Don't revive old thread for something stupid as that is.
If you read the rules you wouldn't make this post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have a point, but is the infamous "demo .pll" a problem with the rom or the emulator? Maybe the connection between the two? Do we know of a plugin that fixes this? Or maybe ePSXe really doesn't support zip. What would we do with the extracted files from the zip data? How would we organize them in order for ePSXe to read them?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i'm glad you decided to help. after all, your username is "Thoughtful". seems like you picked a suitable username.

however, this guy only has one post; he didnt respond to anything we said. and this was nearly 2 years ago. so i don't think that he really cares. now, if anyone posted this say, this month, you'd be in the proper place with your comment. sort of. i didn't really see what you were getting at.

the problems lie in your mention of a ROM site (NGEmu doesn't support piracy, Shendo already linked to the rules) and how you revived a very old thread.

another problem is that you'd never have to deal with this demo.pll crap or whether or not ePSXe supports zip files if you weren't downloading them. Mooby's CDR plugin supports RARed images if you want to make them yourself, so there you go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.