Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to configure my gamepad in Delta, as soon as I press an option, the Delta program immediately closes, as if there is some kind of random error that it can't tell me about.

I'm using an ems-usb2 gamepad PSX-USB convertor. I doubt this is the problem as it runs fine in the regular epsxe configuration, but this latest problem is bugging me.

I also have the latest DirectX, so I already checked that.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Actually the pad is the problem (or more to the point its buggy drivers):p.

That psx adapter allows you to plug in 2 psx pads if I'm not mistaken. However for some reason the driver always report to windows that 2 pads are present.... even if you only have one plugged in (or even worse... none). Whenever you try to configure keys in delta it detects that non-existant pad, tries to access it and crashes horribly in the process.

Until I can come up with a method to detect this behaviour and bypass it, there are 2 workarounds which allow delta to work properly:

1: Plug 2 psx pads into your adapter.
2: If you don't have 2 pads, disable the dummy pad driver. To do this

* open up device manager (found in the system properties on control panel)
* expand the human interface devices
* you should see 3 items, 2 labeled HID-compliant game controller and one labeled usb human interface device.
* right click on the SECOND HID-compliant game controller and select disable
* goto game controllers in control panel. Verify that you only have 1 psx controller detected and press properties works.

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah... I have used your workaround to it's fullest, and...

To my glee, it continues to work as it waits for me to enter in a button to map the control to. But alas, once I try to map the command, the program fails.

Correction, it's more to do with direction commands. Other button commands are fine, but once I try to calibrate direction whether it be digital or analog, it terminates the program.

I'm so close, I'll fiddle around and see if I can fix it before your next reply, Sir Betamax.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok I've managed to knock up a quick bug workaround. I'm uploading an updated copy to this post. Delta should no longer crash out... however there is a slight possibility that the gibberish from your driver will cause it to misconfigure a button or two. If you hold down the button/direction before you click the option you should get away with it though.

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ah, my only problem is the right axis now, so I'll leave that unconfigured as of yet. However, you've truly helped me, Sir Betamax. I'm glad to help you make this program even more workable for the frequenters of PSX emulation.

EDIT: Another problem, it seems whenever I pick Mooby's plugin to execute my ISO.BZ compressed files, the plugin is incorrectly configured into EPSXE. In fact, it does not seem to want to initialize Mooby's at all, and puts a blank choice in the CDROM option in the GUI.

EDIT 2: It seems that if I do not bypass the GUI, none of the plugins will be set within EPSXE, and will cause errors. How... odd...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
1. Unfortunately I'm away from home for a couple of weeks now, so I'm unable to investigate further for now. However I had a thought on the plane which might get around the new axis issue... dunno for sure until I get back to try it out.

2. That mooby thing is very strange to say the least. How are you selecting the file?

3. Well that make's no sense :p. The "bypass gui" option works by appending the "-nogui" command line option when running the emu. It's exactly the same function as if that option is off. Could you elaborate/investigate further?

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Understandable, the problem has evaded me as well.

2. I've selected the file through the secondary select ISO box underneath where I select the plugin.

3. All I've seen is that when it goes to GUI, none of the options are selected in the plugins. However, when it goes straight to the game, all of the options within Delta activate just fine.

I really can't think of any more details that I could be leaving out, but I'll let you know what I can find out.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Alright I'm back home and been workig on this. I've tweaked the axis detection a bit, hopefully it'll work for you now. I also think I've figured out you other two problems (which seem to be the same one :p). Basically the version check flag could under some instances be missing, causing epsxe to load it's setup wizard (and reset everything in the process). Of course the setup wizard only runs if -nogui is switched off, hence why I never spotted it until know. Thanks.

Here's another update. Let me know if there's any more issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts