Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Delta Force Urban Warfare - Cutscene Synch

Does anyone know a good set of plugins and settings to get the video and audio in Delta Force Urban Warfare's cutscenes to synch?

When I cap framerate at 60 the sound gets ahead of the video by a factor of about 2-5%. Higher framerate caps result in higher-pitched voices that still get ahead of the video.

When I try to limit the CDROM speed and turn off caching, I get synch, but a few seconds into the cutscene the video and audio both suddenly slow to a crawl.

Help!

Any assistance is appreciated.

Dan

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
have you tried turning off frame limiting in your GPU plugin and then using Eternal SPU with SPUasync and mode Wait so it controls the FPS?

either that, or used PC FPS calc? (and keep frame limit on too).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried Eternal (thanks for the tip!) and it helped some but the New Game cutscene still gets behind (though, oddly, the intro cutscene seems okay).

All the cutscenes in DFUW are realtime rendered in 3d, so MDEC fixes probably wouldn't help.

Anyway, I noticed on the last run-through that the New Game cutscene has some spots where the video freezes for about half a second (camera position changes), but the sound keeps playing. I'm thinking that the 3d engine is re-initializing but the audio doesn't pause during that, and that's the real source of my sync problem. Is there a way to make the audio pause when the 3d engine hiccups?

Dan

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
are you getting full FPS? you can try PEops soft, that will make it look ugly but it should run nicely.

try a different version of ePSXe, or try PSXeven or SSSPSX.

what are your computer specs?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3GHz P4 w/HT
2G memory
ATI X850XT PCI-Ex
C-Media Rear Panel Audio

I'm certainly not underpowered.

I turned FPS display on, and it hovered right around 60 (where I'd capped it).

It's almost as if there's a flaw on the disk or in the original game...hmmm...going to try something...

Yup. I put the game in my PS2 and got the same out-of-synch sound/video that I got in ePSXe. So it ain't the emulator at all. My bad. We can consider this defect closed.

Thanks for the suggestions. The game does run better with Eternal SPU and the settings recommended above.

Dan Hankins

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
aw, sorry to hear that then. did it work fine in the past? maybe its just a problem with the game? well, who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts