Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some searching, I see that only "You have a bad rip" and other not terribly helpful stuff has come of those topics. So I thought I'd make a definitive one.

The sound in the cutscenes doesn't work on MML2. Well, only the voices don't work. What exactly needs to be done to correct this problem, if any of you know? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/3759/config4zx.jpg

Thanks so much for your help so far...I've played this before, but it's obviously much more fun to hear the characters.

I'm pretty sure it's not my system; I've got a great sound card (forget model), 3.6 GHz, two gigs of ram, and a 6800 video card.

This is the only game I've played that I've had any issue with I couldn't figure out myself. Well, except Lunar, but that was fixable.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
Did you try enabling CDDA ? I think I've got the CD around somewhere, I ll give it a try once I find it. I do remember character voices working on ePSXe.

Yours,
-E

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
Ah, are you using the run ISO command in ePSXe? That ( IIRC ) doesnt support CD tracks well. Try running the cd with CDDA/XA enabled. Mounting the ISO using deamon tools then running the virtual cd in ePSXe is another option. I just found the game cd and the openning cutscene works perfectly, ( except for the dub desync ).

Yours,
-E

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks, I couldn't get the .iso to mount and play the track right, but the CD works just fine.

~_~ So much for keeping my CDs on the shelf. As long as it works! That's the important thing.

EDIT: Still trying to figure out a way to get it to run off the ISO, though. I'd much rather do that.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Use the Mooby2 plugin - it lets you run an ISO from the "Run CDROM" command, makes it look like a virtual CDROM to the emulator. Supports CDDA sound, and nicely too. Just remember to turn up the volume on the CDDA sound in the Mooby2 control panel.

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for both of your replies. I had just a bit of time to try out dbhankin's suggestion, and it didn't work. Is there a preferred configuration other than turning up CCDA volume?

After doing some more searching I see Megaman Legends 2 seems to have bothered quite a few people with its sound problems...one topic suggests saving it as a .cca file instead of a .bin file. I'll try that, and look at the file size (forgot ~_~) when I get back home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have problems with the voices and the backgroundmusic in cutscenes on this game, too. I've tried to enable XA and CDDR sound, I use a normal CD and I've use the Mooby plug-in, but there is no sound after all! By the Mooby2 plug-in, I've tried every configuration which is possible, but with no success. I've also tried to use different sound plug-ins, but with no success, too. Is there any other way to solve this porblem or should I play the game on my PSX like before, because it's hopeless?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just gave up trying to use my image...I don't like using the CD's--paranoid about scratches--but For MML2, all I could do is give up and play it on my PS2.

If you solve the issue, kudos to you, but man I'm spent when it comes to ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I know this is a late reply (by two years) and to be honest, I haven't really checked to see if anybody else has fixed the problem. However; I figured I'd go ahead and post on how to fix it (using the same advice given by a previous poster) just in case anybody else was having the problem.

Using DAEMON Tools you should mount the Mega Man Legends file and open ePSXe. Go to configure the CDROM plugin and set the drive to whatever virtual drive you mounted MML to. You should also make sure your sound plugin is configured exactly how previous posters have suggested, regardless; when all else is done just go to run CDrom and the game should work perfectly!

·
Freshly Squeezed
25 Posts
They work. You need to enable XA Audio in ePSXe. I have the game and I get voices. The only issue I know of with MML2 is how the voices will always go out of sync with the video. Other than that, they work.
Ok, heh, so it's been a full year before the reply on this one but I was trying to find a "kinda" answer to a slight problem (only slight, the game works just fine so far for the most part). Found this thread so hope I'm asking in the right spot. (If not please redirect me to where I should reply and/or make a new thread.)................oO........So anyway, I got my game running fine(so far heh) and everything only like it says up above I believe in the second post is that the only issue somewhat known of is that the voices in the cutscenes go out of sync with the video. I've tried several different configurations but still I cannot get this going, heh, :hdbash: starting to take this personally. My current sound config: I'm using Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50, [Audio Device] DirectSound, Buffer size: 64, [Audio out method] Thread, Async mode: Simple, [Misc] I have the "Wait for XA buffer is free option checked on, Fine tune: 0

Not sure if I'm asking a redundant question :drool: and it actually cannot be fixed. If so please let my dumb self know, or if there is some way of messing around to fix it any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mega Man Legends Sound Fix

I found this thread though google while I was trying to get Mega Man Legends to work right. The voices during the cutscenes were not working for me either, but I came up with a fix.

Apparently Mega Man Legends relies heavily on the limited resources of the PSX, so the CD-ROM drive can not read ahead or store extra information in the buffer. I have also found that after the CD-Rom issue is fixed, all of the sound plugins work, but the built in sound plugin for ePSXe works the best. Here are my settings and plugins.

I am using Daemontools Lite for the CD-Image.

http://imgur.com/xVvHV99

http://imgur.com/vEM1lbz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.