Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're going to add "ing" at the end of a word, you have to drop the "e" if it's there. This is a simple rule they taught us waaaaaay back in elementary, remember? For example, "dieing" is not a word. It's not hard.

I shall understand if you wish to sticky this thread for all eternity.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Stickied. ;)

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
If you're going to add "ing" at the end of a word, you have to drop the "e" if it's there. This is a simple rule they taught us waaaaaay back in elementary, remember? For example, "dieing" is not a word. It's not hard.

dieing -> diiing? I thought it's suppose to be dying. >_>

And why is this sticky?

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Dear cooliscool:

I love practical jokes half as much as the next guy, but still, this is Open Discussion, not the bin. Please, don't stick weird treads here. :)

Yours,

Proto

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
There - I left my keys over there

Their - See those people, their keys went missing.

They're
- See those people, they're going to the beach to look for their keys

can't stress this enough

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts
Seeing this thread makes me wonder: does the Internet create stupidity or reveal it? Sometimes I can't tell... :???:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Seeing this thread makes me wonder: does the Internet create stupidity or reveal it? Sometimes I can't tell... :???:
If you're implying that Spyhop is stupid, I demand you retract such foolishness.

Anyway, community doesn't like, so unstickied. :(

:p

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts
I'm talking about people that need tips like these:

There - I left my keys over there

Their - See those people, their keys went missing.

They're
- See those people, they're going to the beach to look for their keys

can't stress this enough
Anyone literate in English should already know these things, especially if English is your native language.

Seriously, a person on the Internet may be smart, but people on the Internet are stupid. If you haven't realized that by now...

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Just to piss Spyhop off, I'm going to add Es to "Ing" words even if they don't have Es.

I'm buyeing some new stuff.
I'm posteing in this thread.
I'm pisseing off Spyhop.
I'm faileing at english.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.