Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

High Moon Studios presents Deadpool, and it is glorious. Superb writing, chock full of references and some great vocal work by Nolan North as the colorful Wade Wilson.

Deadpool plays like a cross between Bloodrayne and Batman: Arkham Asylum. Combat is pretty free flowing and designed to keep you raking up high combo points, some timing elements to break guards or for counters, and plenty of gunplay to give combat some literal depth. His teleporting ability is a cool feature and health regeneration has an actual point in this game.

It's fantastic so far, just the right type of action game, chock full of humor, some great visual work for the PC, complete with some great texture work, lighting and special effects that are very true to the comic style, without adopting a cel shaded look.

High Noon have done very well, and considering its cheap pricepoint (30 bones on steam) its more than worth the coin for a good laugh, and some great action.

I'll pick up my second copy on PS3 tomorrow.

The following sreenshots are taken at the highest graphical detail possible, no slowdown was noticed, so points there. It's not a super visually intensive game, but it serves its purpose very well. Overall its an excellent PC port with no signs of shortcuts or laziness.

Deadpool in his apartment. Miss these if you don't want to spoil your first time exploring his apartment. Shows off some of the lighting engine and texture work.

Some combat screenies. I'll fill this up as I go.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You don't play ports with a controller snicko?

Still, looking at those shots and reading your description I'm glad the game made it to PC afterall. I'll be sure to pick it up down the line.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't play ports with a controller snicko?

Still, looking at those shots and reading your description I'm glad the game made it to PC afterall. I'll be sure to pick it up down the line.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I wanted to evaluate their control scheme on keyboard and mouse and see how it holds up as a PC title.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
and?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts