1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it looks like a normal xbox game oO

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
what to say......

oh dear......*yawn*

/me awaits the Nintendo and SONY offerings...but by the looks of those shots, my DC and DOA2LE still has some life left in it....

PC Technology catch's up with PC technology. You want innovations, and cutting edge, you do it how all companies have done it before, custom hardware, sure it's cheap and easy to make little boxed (and in this case ugly) PC's, but look at the arcade market, or how consoles have done it before, you add 'wow' by dong specilist, otherwise, why not just make console games for PC's and scrap the idea...afterall lots of us have TV out ;)

But lets be honest, it all boils down to the game lineup, not the graphics, still I like eye candy ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts

Remeber PS2's launch titles compared to current PS2 titles?? CRAP graphics then... =P Gotta give the developers time to use the system's full power....

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
pretty, but not ground-breaking pretty.

SMTP > you're right, but the first-gen PS2 titles looked way ahead of PS1 titles.

·
band
4,912 Posts
to tell the truth tho, this game looks pretty, with better environments and they added noticable bumpmapping to the characters.

i guess everyone expects crazy jumps from one generation to another due to what has been shown on past console-jumps

·
Moo.
455 Posts
It looks alright, but there's still a lot of detail missing. Everything's too damn smooth. There should be depth and flaws and where there aren't. It doesn't work, and it makes it look almost like you're looking at some kind of dream world.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hitomi looking exactly the same as for the xbox 1 but still looking DAMN FINE ^_^

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I still think this is just a prototype example running on an Xbox 1 dev kit. Tecmo already said those shots were not supposed to be released and do not represent the final quality of the game.

Remember how bad prototype Dead or Alive 2 looked? That is what this likely is. just an example.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
The annoying thing is I really like DoA. If I get a reasonable paying job, I might have to get an Xbox 2 just for it. Gods that's gonna set me back a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Kane said:
The annoying thing is I really like DoA. If I get a reasonable paying job, I might have to get an Xbox 2 just for it. Gods that's gonna set me back a bit.
I know what you mean. I had DoA3 since it came out (2001 I think). But I did not have an Xbox. I waited until I could find it for a good price. I purchased one new for 8,540yen (about $80 usd)

Unfortunately that meant I was unable to play Xbox games until last month. :(

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
We're all on the same boat then :p I still didnt get an xbox couse frankly all the other games don appeal to me. So i just keep raising my game timer in DoA2. (Currently at 254hours xD)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Impressive but some of the backgrounds look pre-rendered which i find un cool. cheap way to speed up games.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Im sure they're gonna be worked upon some more Coolsvilleman. Check Katsuya post above.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts