Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am able to buy Phantasy Star Online v2 for the Dreamcast for a very friendly price: 20 Euro, spankin' new!

Though there are still a few questions I have about it:

1. Is it still possible to play this game online in Holland, if not through Seganet (which AFAIK is down), perhaps on fan-servers.

2. Is the offline gameplay good enough to be worth 20 bucks and my time?

I hope you can help me with this decision :)

Greetz,
Cid H.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Offline game is good, but nothing beats the online experience ;) The game is repetitive a bit but still fun IMO.

As for connecting to fan/private servers, I believe you could do that too.

Yours,
-Elly

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
エッリー said:
Offline game is good, but nothing beats the online experience ;) The game is repetitive a bit but still fun IMO.

As for connecting to fan/private servers, I believe you could do that too.

Yours,
-Elly
Will asking for help on the fan/private servers be legal? (don't want to do anything against the rules :p)

·
Administrator
15,454 Posts
sega makes no money on the dc versions of PSO. they abandoned it so private servers are legal.

and if u want to go on private servers u need to get a codebreaker. just pm me if u want the codes.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone here was already so kind to give me a link to a nice website through PM :)

Is it easy to acces private servers when you don't know the owner personally?

And do you need the DreamKey disc to acces the internet?

Btw, I do need to get a BBA, or is it somehow possible to connect the 56k modem to my broadband modem?

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you go on decemulation forums they should have info about the private server since they posted few server links on the website a few times.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I play on a few myself. It's not hard. I've switched between my pc version and DC version. Sega actually dosn't mind the use of the servers. Only on thier most recent ones the NGC versions and the recent Blue Burst.

Sega's email replies to the server have been very positive.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll keep in mind that you have a lot of knowledge about this Zer0Soul. If I can't get it to work I'll ask you for help :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, I'll ask you both for help if I can't get it to work, it will double my chances of finding the solution ;)

Now I only have to find a BBA :???:

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
hmmm whats a BBA ? if its not exspensive as hel i might as wel tag along to :p for old memories.. PSO aaah such a good game..

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A broad band adaptor. My DC does have the standard 56k (or 33k) modem, but since I have DSL my dad won't like it if I play games on the normal phone line. So I need to get the BBA, but it's quite rare, you can check Lik Sang but for now they're out of stock.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
yea my DC has 56k modem to.. ugh the horible phone bills.. i remember those.. and i got kabel now.. so a BBA would be verry useful yea :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts