·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently usind VBA CE.

I have set my options to :
save type - EEPROM
flash 128K
and I have the IPS patch used for DBZ buus fury.

For some wierd reason when I save the game by pushing "A" at the save circles the save game won't be there if I restart the game and try reload it.
:(

However if I die I am able to reload my save game but after I restart the game the save will have vanished.

I don't have this prob with DBZ LoG (saving by pushing start and selecting a save slot) or with DBZ Buu's fury. :)

Does anyone anything about this?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
You need to download a patch for the rom, which will fix this problem, though I can't tell you where.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raziel said:
You need to download a patch for the rom, which will fix this problem, though I can't tell you where.
Thanks ! :D I'll try to find it, although it isn't a train smash. The game still runs perfectly fine. :)

I'll have to use save states in the meantime

·
Registered
13 Posts
Raziel said:

No, you do not. It's just that DBZ LoG2 doesn't save with save type EEPROM. Change it to automatic(?) and then save. Same thing with shining souls.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate all your help but unfortunately you both might be wrong. :)

I was playing the international version where you have to select your language before playing. I got hold of the USA version and that game works perfectly fine.

I suspect I was using a bad rom dump. :)

I dont know if its my PC or something, but I find If I don't use EEPROM save type, I cant use the world maps :???:

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
This whole thing sounds like a SRAM patched ROM along with the VBA bug where it wouldn't save the .sav file if the type was set to Flash or SRAM (but would if it was automatic).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts