Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the best settings for this game would be.

My current settings are as follows:
Graphics Plugin: GSdx 1611 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
Setup:
Res: 320x200 70Hz
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Software)
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: Stretch
Wait VSync: Unchecked
Windowed: Check
Edge anti-aliasing: Unchecked
Enable Output Merger BLur Effect: Unchecked

Sound Plugin: SPU2Null 0.7.1

Controller Plugin(s): LilyPad 0.9.4

Cdvdrom: Gigaherz'z CDVD Plugin 0.7.0

Dev9: Dev9null Driver 0.3.0

USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0

FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

BIOS: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

CPU Config:
Frame limiting set on Normal.
Both VURecompliers checked.
Multi threaded GS Mode checked.
EERec checked.

Speed Hack config:
EmotionEngine set to x2 Cycle rate.
INTC Sync Hack (Experimental) Checked
Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate checked
Wait Cycles Sync Hack checked.

And with this...
i get about 18-22 FPS o.o
Anyway i was wondering if i could raise this
And i would post my PC Config...but, um i have no idea what it is and/or how to find it out o.o; If someone could tell me then i would edit this post and put it down o-o;; ahahahaha

So, anyone willing to help?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Change from "software" to "hardware" in the GSdx plug-in. That's likely a big cause.

Past that, the PC (CPU) is likely too slow, and if you don't know much about your PC, I'm especially guessing this is so.

There's only three (two, really, and one is the most important) things that matter, and those are the CPU, GPU, and RAM, in that order.

To see your CPU and RAM amount, press the Windows Logo and the Pause/Break keys on your keyboard simultaneously. A Window will come up displaying your PC properties, including your CPU name, it's speed (often x.xGHz), and RAM amount (a number proceeded by MB or GB)

To see your GPU, under "Run" or "Search", type "dxdiag" (without the quotes), and check the tab labeled "Display". The first row which says "Name" will be your GPU.

I'm guessing it's a bit of both of these things causing slowness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5200 @2.50 GHz
2.50 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

As for the dixdiag/display thing:
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chpset Family

Is that too low?
Also, changing from software to hardware actually makes it run slower, unless there are some options which i don't know about o-o?

·
Registered IT crowd
680 Posts
as DBZT3 is very GPU demanding, your GPU can't handle correctly as it's really too weak.

That's why software mode works better than hardware mode : hardware mode makes your GPU work

The only solution you have there is buying a decent gfx card

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crap.
Isn't there a way to get at least 25-30 FPS with software mode, using other graphics plugins or something? ;_;
EDIT:
Also, is it possible that Budokai Tenkaichi 1 or 2 will work better than BT3? And what chance do i have of runnning Kingdom Hearts 1/2 at a decent speed?
Sorry for all the questions o-o;

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
MicroVU is actually slower from what I've heard over at PCSX2 from one of the devlopers, at least for the time being. Don't use those options.

Your CPU is probably fine. Maybe not for full speed all of the time, but if my CPU can pull it off in single core mode full speed at 4.0GHz, I'd like to think that yours would be close to it at 2.5GHz.

As was said, it's the GPU, or lack of a real one, that's holding it back. That's a shame considering the good CPU in comparison. PCSX2 really needs a good CPU, but onboard GPUs are still largely unpractical.

The RAM is fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see.
Well, i am not really looking at optimal/best speed possible, but rather speed at which i can actually play the game.
So which GPU would you recommend?
Or, can you direct me to a topic with recommendations..?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Well, with a GPU that wasn't holding it back, as I said, it might not be that far off of full speed, but that's a guess on my part. I'd imagine it realistically may need ~3GHz or a little more for consistent full speed.

As for a GPU, the GeForce 8600GT or ATi equivalent or better would be okay, but given the GPU intensity of this game, I'd go a bit higher at least. The GeForce 9600GT is a decent but cheap card, and while it's been overshadowed by better offerings, it's still attractable due to both it's cheap price, and the fact that it still plays games just fine. It'd definitely play this game at more than enough. It's almost as strong as my card, and my card plays it just fine.

·
Registered
436 Posts
MicroVU is actually slower from what I've heard over at PCSX2 from one of the devlopers, at least for the time being. Don't use those options.
Micro vu is more accurate from what I'm seeing. It made a lot more games playable that were previously unplayable because of graphical glitching. It also doesn't seem any slower than the old options. The new speed hacks also work well. The VU cycle hack is wonderful when used correctly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for not being able to reply earlier, had some IRL issues to take care of.
This will probably, no, is offtopic, but i before i buy a new GPU, i was wondering if PSP emu/games could work well in this cpu?
i should post this in the misc handheld discussion, right? o-o;

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I can't answer that, but if you're asking to make sure a new GPU is a better buy than a new CPU, let me assure that it is. That CPU doesn't really need replacing. The GPU, or well, the fact that it's a lack of a real one, says it all. A GeForce 8800GT/GeForce GTS 250 or any of the similar performing Radeons would round that PC out really well.

As for MicroVU, I didn't test speed or compatibility with it on or off. I just read comments from someone over at pcsx2.net (still can't get my account activated due to lack of confirmation e-mail) that it's better left off for speed. This may have changed in more recent revisions. Since I get full speed about all of the time in the games I play, if you say it has better compatibility, I may just leave them on.

Edit: MicroVU seems to fix some (but not all) of the occasional and minor missing geometry from characters in Budokai Tenkaichi 3, so I'll leave them on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, i did it again, mixed up two things o-o;
What i meant was whether my current GPU could handle PSP emulation or not.
Of course this isn't exactly the forum to ask hence my last line in the last post i made o-o;
If it doesn't, then i plan to buy a new GPU tomorrow.
If it does, then i will buy a new GPU once i am done with a few PSP games.
Also, thanks a lot! With all the help you guys have given me i will finally be able to play PS2 games on my PC in the future.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm not sure. I would think PSP games wouldn't need too much, but ePSXe can sometimes want more than onboard GPU can provide, although that's namely for the better hardware rendering plug-ins. It really depends on the emulator/plug-in, I suppose. Best ask in the appropriate area about the specific emulator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see.
I guess i will head over to the misc handheld discussion area then o-o;
Thanks again! Also, maybe this topic should best be locked, since y'know, i already got my answer and all. o-o;
*heads over to Handheld forums*

·
Registered
14 Posts
ON MY PC
PCSX 1474

Advance option

Vu Recs Option: Don't use Flush to Zero and Denormal are Zero = can caouse picture problem

EE Recs: Use Nearest, Normal, Flush to Zero and Denormal are Zero

Speedhack Don't use idle loop Fast-Forward = can couse something wrong with head of player

Video must GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.4, other this video cause blip-blip on battle
(I dont know only my CPU or other on this problem)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.