Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen many people posting about issues with Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow, as it's, according to the pinned thread, fully playable. But I'm having some issues with the speed the game runs.
I don't know what therm I'm supposed to use to define what happens, but it's sorta like.. I can't see the movements in the game smoothly, like there are frames missing I think. In the past when I used to have crappy computers running emulators this would always happen when the computer wasn't good enough, and with a better computer the movements were as smooth as the emulator would allow them to, possibly just like in the real console/handheld system.

But now I'm not sure what's happening, because I'm pretty sure my computer IS good enough, specially after seeing this video:
YouTube - Castlevania Dawn of sorrow on NO$GBA Emulator
Apparently this person PC specs are inferior to mine (? - not sure about the GHz, but my processor is Duo-Core) and yet his game is running much smoother with less frame skipping or w/e

Genuine Intel(R) CPU
2140 @ 1.60 GHz
1.61 GHz, 1,99 GB RAM

Also NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

By the way I wouldn't be asking for help if I had a good knowledge on these things, which I don't, so please don't flame me, I just want to know what's wrong and how to solve this.

Thanks

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
No$ doesn't support multiple cores, and while a single core or a dual-cor PC might be faster than a single-core with the same nominal value, your PC is at a bare minimum. 2.6a also seems to have forced frameskip - possibly leading to your choppy graphics.
If you indeed use 2.6a, you should try No$Zoomer, which is known to improve framerates in some games.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using 2.6a.
So if I'm to run this game with less choppy graphics I should use 2.6 instead?
I'm using the zoomer too, thought still not used to all of its features.
Anyway, I take it's mainly my processor's fault then?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Probably slower, but less choppy, yes. Try it, I can't promise anything.
And yes, it is the processor. No$ has just rudimentary demands towards graphics/sound cards and memory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.