Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on the weekend I saw Dark Water, among other movies, and I have to say the storyline follows almost the exact same pattern of The Ring. People who have seen both movies will know what I'm talking about.

Let me explain the story and how it bares a remarkable similarity to The Ring (not in order of how you learn it in the movie). There is a girl haunting some apartments because she drowned in the water tank on the top of the building (actually, when I was watching it with my friend and the first image you saw was the tank I told him, "I bet there's someone dead in there"). She was abondoned by both her parents so she's sort of haunting it, as you learn, to find a new mum. Enter main characters; ex-wife and daughter. They move into an apartment in the building and notice a leak in their cealing, the mark of the girl who drowned in the water, and during the movie it gets worse and worse until the ex-wife checks the floor above them, where the girl lived incidentally, and finds it flooded. She thinks its some teenagers but its actually the dead girl doing it. Anyway the daughter starts hearing voices of the girl as she sleeps and then the ex-wife starts hearing it. Blah blah blah, skipping the details, the ex-wife finds the girls body in the tank and they put her to rest. They think shes gone, but no (cough ring cough :p), so... skipping more details... the ex-wife is giving a bath to her daughter and leaves the room to answer the phone. She then sees, what she thinks, her daughter walking out to the couch but after she hear's her daughters voice she runs to the bathroom and its locked. She bangs on the door etc and gets inside to find the girl drowning her daughter in the bath. The ex-wife agrees to be the girls mum forever so the girl lets go of her daughter but fills the rest of the room up with water and so the ex-wife dies. So... skipping more details... the daughter goes to live with her dad and the ex-wife and the girl live happily ever after.

That was a quick summary, but, maybe not as evident in my explanation, is a lot like The Ring.

1. There is a ghost girl who drowned because she was abandoned.
2. There is a symbol that represents the girl.
3. Halfway they think she's gone, but she's not.
4. One of the parents dies.
5. It's raining the whole movie.

And there's more I can't remember. This movie is exactly like The Ring, imo, without the scary bits. It's incredibly slow and takes ages to get to the point.

I don't recommend it to anyone. Go see Howl's Moving Castle; now there's a good movie.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah this movie's a crap, a cheap clone of the ring... after some time watching it we made big laugh and fun from it in cinema (not mentioning all those curses because of waisted money) and no one complained about our behavior :p

Oh, btw. don't go to cinema for that russian movie - that's totally f|_|cked try of matrix and underworld... not to mention - boooooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooooring one

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
ArchIBaLD said:
what russian movie?
He is pointing at Ночной Дозор a.k.a. Night Watch. Well, from my point of view the special effects weren't that bad and the background story itself was pretty good in the beginning, but they stretched it a bit too much...

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Which version did you see, Vanit? Japanese or the American one? I quite enjoyed the Japanese version, but totally flushed American one :D

Anyway, if it's about Asian horrors I recommend you to watch "The Eye", "One Missed Call", "Ju-On", "Ju-On 2", "Audition" and some more, but I don't remeber them now. Do not build your opinion on American imitations made due to the lack of ideas, please :) They are mostly craps (yeah, The Ring was an exception, but have you seen The Ring 2?), unworthy watching

BTW - most Asian horrors have a long black haired little girl. The same as the American ones have gallons of blood and some psychic killer ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.